CycleChat End-to-End Relay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm happy to do the section near me (N or NE Lancashire-Ribble Valley etc, in fact, anything!)

peanut

Moderators said:
Do you want this as a new thread then? It can be done if so. What would you like it to be called, Wigsie?

would it be possible to just extract the relevant posts from this thread so that it is lucid ?xx(

ACS

Legendary Member
I would like help in someway. Not sure if I would be a fast enough rider, but could fill a reserve slot, do some background support, make the Tea some one has to after all.

Would it not be prudent to start with the route that way we could all work out where abouts in the project we could fit in?

peanut

magnatom said:
I'd be up for this, assuming I would be fast enough! :evil:

I don't think speed is going to be an issue at all. I am pretty sure that this has never been attempted before in which case whatever time is set will be a record . Even if it were 3 weeks :evil::biggrin::biggrin:

This is going to need some slick organisation by crikey.

May I suggest that we have a seperate locked sub thread , where the organisers can list all participants and add their ride sections as things start to come together.

It might also be a good idea to have a 'Record Attempt' committee .I would like to volunteer to help with mapping the course route

Perhaps we could ask Admin if it were possible to have seperate section which only the organisers have access to so that they can pool resources and keep in touch with each other without the information becoming diluted by general posts

Ball

I'm pretty new on here, but I won't be by next June/July, haha, and I'd be so up for this. Count me in if there's space!

bonj2

I'd love to do it, but from past experience, I know that a lot of people say they want to do it but actually can't be bothered.

From the previous attempt to organise a relay, the cyclechat jersey relay, it transpires that when it comes down to it all people actually want to do is take pictures of themselves in famous/picturesque locations or at the top of big hills.

But not wanting to be cynical, I'll give this the credit of being enthusiastic to do it until such time as well laid plans fall by the wayside.

longers

Legendary Member
peanut said:
Perhaps we could ask Admin if it were possible to have seperate section which only the organisers have access to so that they can pool resources and keep in touch with each other without the information becoming diluted by general posts

E-mail?

peanut

longers said:

yes thats ok but it will have to be set up so that every organiser receives and sends to evey other organiser which will take some doing. Easier maybe to have a hidden sub section every organiser can access anytime and see all communications.

peanut

bonj said:
I'd love to do it, but from past experience, I know that a lot of people say they want to do it but actually can't be bothered.

there ya go with them negative vibes again Bonj:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: (Kellys Heros)

You're probably right . :ohmy: I nominate Bonj for chief motivator and ass kicker:biggrin:;)

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
The CycleChat magazine team has done the email route and it didn't work very well, due to complications of server settings. For now perhaps discussion can continue in this thread and if it takes off then perhaps Admin can be asked for a subforum for this.

Top Bottom