Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I don't have a TV

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • A mock up of the bridge of the Starship Enterprise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bondage dungeon

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Mine is a modern garage - it's huge. Apparently planners started cracking down a couple of years ago over garages into which one could not fit a car.

There also has to be a certain distance between buildings before a new house can be described as detached. Result is that, aside from the smallest and cheapest housing, developers are being forced to stop taking the pish.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Mine has all my wife’s gardening tools and equipment, five bicycles, a set of winter wheels & tyres for the car, loads of tools, bike stand, three sets of ladders, a pallet of fire logs, garden furniture, several partly used tins of paint, and loads of end cuts of wood “just in case”.

If it was empty, it could take my Fabia estate, but it would be tight. It was built in 1935, so not for the monster cars people drive today.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Mine is a modern garage - it's huge. Apparently planners started cracking down a couple of years ago over garages into which one could not fit a car.

I was looking at houses for sale near me the other day and there was a new build detached villa with integrated garage, “ideal as a storage space”!

An old car , loads of bikes , motorbikes and wheels . Stuff which may come in handy in the future. Several lawn mowers. I was surprised to find a battery and charger for my wife's electric strimmer in there! See stuff which may come in handy worked! A lot of moisture! Concrete walls with a metal roof! :angry:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My garage is narrow but long, about 30 feet long. And it's a bit damp as it's so close to a stream that runs past the front of my property. I tend to leave it on the drive now. It's also filled with man rubbish ( the garage not my car).

Dadam

Bicycles, garden tools, DIY tools, old toys, old appliances that I "might be able to fix one day", tubs full of old screws and brackets, half full paint tins, boxes of old computers and parts thereof, a huge pile of scrap timber and a workbench that I can't get to because of all the scrap timber! :laugh:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Don't currently have a car hole, it was demolished for Mrs I like Skol's kitchen diner extension, but big plans for the next property....

Large 2 car workshop, probably have a small (tiny) office and a loo/shower room. Roof space above is going to be large enough for a pool table with sofa and beer fridge. Well , that's the dream anyway. Fed up of building cars on the driveway exposed to the British elements so feel I can justify an insulated and heated workshop to work on projects for me and my two boys.

S1 chassis.jpg

When we moved in the garage had already been converted into a seperate lounge

Apparently the previous people had ideas about a separate lounge for their kids when they were teenagers
but it never worked as they wanted to either be with their parents or in their bedrooms - for $reasons

Anyway - it has a wonderful 1980 style patterned carpet - bloomin' thing comes up like new on the rare occasions that I both hoovering it!

I just about had it sorted out as a study/music room when my now-wife moved in and sold her house - so it is not filled with essential stuff from her house that absolutely HAS to be kept
AKA - she has no idea what is in there and also doesn;t know how how much has accidentally gone in the bin but it is all valued

plan is to clear it out and make it into a music room/study again but every time I manage to get it clear something happens so that a load of stuff ends up in there again

My initial thought was that it was the new name for potholes in Liverpool

No long potholes as they are bigger than a pot - more the size of a car nowadays!!!

I do wonder if this is what drives the popularity of SUVs - some of the holes I have to avoid taking the grand-daughter to climbing need big wheels and high ground clearance to get round - my nice new Honda Civic doesn;t like them!!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Oh, I thought car hole referred to reminisces of applying shovel fulls of Isopon to the family Cortina on Sunday mornings.

Yes that was my first thought. Went back to memories of my dad on his back underneath the Morris 1300* with that strange smelling blue-grey stuff that he used to fill holes.

* We were posh

Last edited:
Top Bottom