CycleChatters.....Hot or Not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Lisa21 said:
Wigsie...dont laugh as this is the honest truth but when I was very little- 3 or 4 I think - my Mum had watched a programme where some farmer had a litter of sheepdog pups and to teach them to swim he took them to the river and threw them in.They swam to the bank and all was well. My dear mother was inspired by this, and took me to the local swimming pool,dropped me in at the deep end and went to get herself a coffee:ohmy:

I apparently just sank to the bottom:biggrin:and the lifeguard jumped in and got me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can tell this was years ago, probably about 36 years to be precise, as nowdays id have been spirited away by social services!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont actually remember any of this but it is all what I have been told over the years by various family, and would explain my panicking when in water deeper than my waist.:biggrin:

Your story is similar to my Fathers in that his parents thought the best way to teach him to swim would be to tow him accross a river with a rope tied around his waist this happened a few times and then one time they decided to just drop the rope ! Of course he absolutley C*****d himself and although he did make it to the other side he never enjoyed going in to water much from then on! How not to teach people to swim eh!!

Lisa21

Mooching.............
LOL!!!! I have thought off and on about lessons but im such a wuss id just rather not. I know it is a handy skill to have but then again people get on planes when they cant fly an inch so I guess theres no point in worrying about what if 's:biggrin:

Anyway...whats happenned to this thread.....piccies please people.....:biggrin:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Lisa21 said:
LOL!!!! I have thought off and on about lessons but im such a wuss id just rather not. :biggrin:

Think about it again Lisa! OT (sowweeee). When we were in Cyprus we met a lovely couple and one of them was that scared of water it was such a shame. Spoilt her holiday in a way because we were all having a laugh around and in the pool and she could hardly put a foot in the shallow end.

I felt really sorry for her BUT I'm the same with flying so no judgement involved. I was 2-up valium plus booze to even get me on the thing :biggrin:

12 months on, she took the nagging advice and can now enjoy her hols a lot more PLUS you never now when it might save your life!!!

Oh and I'm a qualified lifeguard so you could always float on my tits :ohmy: :evil: :ohmy:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
snapper_37 said:
Think about it again Lisa! OT (sowweeee). When we were in Cyprus we met a lovely couple and one of them was that scared of water it was such a shame. Spoilt her holiday in a way because we were all having a laugh around and in the pool and she could hardly put a foot in the shallow end.

I felt really sorry for her BUT I'm the same with flying so no judgement involved. I was 2-up valium plus booze to even get me on the thing :sad:

12 months on, she took the nagging advice and can now enjoy her hols a lot more PLUS you never now when it might save your life!!!

Oh and I'm a qualified lifeguard so you could always float on my tits :biggrin: :laugh: :biggrin:

:biggrin::rofl::ohmy::rofl::evil::rofl::ohmy::rofl::biggrin::rofl:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Lisa21 said:
You not seen page 18 then??:wacko:

Its the best your going to get of me-the only one where I look vaguely human!!!

Just seen... must have missed that...

*starts quiet reflection time piecing together Lisa's photo's of face and midrift... plus filling in the gaps* :biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Okay, this was me earlier this month as a bridesmaid. I look more fat than pregnant here, but I guess that's an occupational hazard.

w7e7pd.jpg

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Wigsie said:
Just seen... must have missed that...

*starts quiet reflection time piecing together Lisa's photo's of face and midrift... plus filling in the gaps* :biggrin:

I do not have sexy knees....unlike you.......

:wacko:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Cathryn said:
Thank you so much. I have a slightly battered body image at the moment, so am ridiculously grateful for your kind words :biggrin:

Yep, the flowers were fabulous. Loved them.

:wacko::ohmy::ohmy: why?

Can't say anything too rude if you are preggers.

Top Bottom