Cycling haters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gromit said:
Pavement cycling is one of my pet hates, I don't do it, so why should I take all the c**p for people who do?

I know. It's the same with RLJing. I suppose it's a basic human habit to stereotype, and it takes the more intelligent among us to be able to see outside that box...

Gromit

Über Member
Oh and not once did I see gangs of kids trying to steal anything, causing trouble or being rude. Everyone really enjoyed themselves.

Arch is right things are going rapidly down hill in the UK.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gromit said:
Oh and not once did I see gangs of kids trying to steal anything, causing trouble or being rude. Everyone really enjoyed themselves.

Arch is right things are going rapidly down hill in the UK.

I bet bits of Orkney are still alright though...:evil:

I'm a bit torn, I'd prefer not to have to leave family behind (and anyway, I'm unlikely to be solvent enough for decades), but so many other places seem to just be so much nicer.... I know nowhere is perfect, but...

PaulB

Legendary Member
Arch said:
.... I reckon I'll emigrate once I've saved up

Don't. One less good person means the balance is even worse for the rest of us. The more people on "our" side, the better. The more of us there are, the easier it'll be to make things good again.

Mr Creosote

Aint Skeered said:
I've noticed more and more while competing in road races, that even with lead cars, motorcycle outriders, marshalls, etc that you still get cars approaching as close to the bunch as possible, and at great speed.

I have to say, given the behaviour of the peolton from a race held locally you ask for it! Not content with occupying the entire width of the carriageway in the direction of travel the racers were encroaching on the opposite carriageway as they jostled for position and putting themselves in the line of oncoming traffic.

If you want to race like that, apply to get the ****ing road closed.

buggi

Bird Saviour
what i was most shocked about riding through france was some teenagers standing on the side of the road applauding us.

i couldn't get my head around it, i expected an egg to be thrown any minute, but it naver came.

what are the chances of that in the UK?

U

User482

I deliberately stand in the way of (adult) pavement cyclists.

U

User482

marinyork said:
I hope you do the same for adult pavement car drivers.

I don't think I've ever been in that situation. But if you mean cars that have been left parked on the pavement, let's just say that I make no special effort to avoid their wing mirrors.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I hear that can be quite effective. Someone stopped parking on the pavement outside of a friend's house immediately when they were naughty in a similar respect.

Top Bottom