Cyclist down Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Glad you're here to tell us about it, looks like you got off lightly as that could have been a lot, lot worse!

Hope you can get back on the bike soon (the mental 'recovery' is often significantly harder than the physical one - I know from experience).

Shaun

Founder
OUCH!!! Glad you're okay (well, as okay as can be expected after that!! :eek:) - is it just me or does the driver appear to just plough straight through without slowing / checking to his right?

D

Deleted member 26715

I suspect if the blind driver actually admits it, he was looking right as he approached the roundabout, but failed to see that you had already left the space where he would have expected to see a car & just accelerated onto the roundabout. You were already on the roundabout before he gets to his give way/yield point.

Alan..

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
Thanks for all the kind comments. I'm doing OK but very sore. Need an MRI of the shoulder to see if I've torn owt.

...I hope the police were involved and that you're in touch with that driver's insurers?
Police were at the scene and I contacted CTC legal today

...Whose camera was that, council?Local shop.
Local shop. The guy uses them on Sundays when he works. The lady in the shop doesn't bother at all Monday - Saturday! 'Independent witness' said i cycled into the car!!

...Please tell me there is a prosecution pending?
I've been informed he's being prosecuted but not sure on what charge yet.

...How fast was you going? Nothing to do with the crash just wondering. Get well soon.
About 16mph coming up to the roundabout.

...Just out of interest was you wearing a helmet? and did hit help if you was?
I was wearing a lid. It cracked. Not sure if it was a help (please no helmet debate).

...is it just me or does the driver appear to just plough straight through without slowing / checking to his right?
Approaching the junction, off camera, he initally slowed. At that speed I would have had enough time to clear the roundabout. As i entered the roundabout he sped up. I tried to give him more room to stop but as you can see he didn't react until he hit me.

Last edited:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Hi Darell

Wow, Im surprised your stiil walking looking at that vid, car was going some speed.

Your poor bike :sad:

Ive only seen two of your bikes and both were fantastic

Its not the Santos or your steel audax bike is it? :sad:

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
Hi Darell

Wow, Im surprised your stiil walking looking at that vid, car was going some speed.

Your poor bike :sad:

Ive only seen two of your bikes and both were fantastic

Its not the Santos or your steel audax bike is it? :sad:
This was my carbon fibre bike with brand new, handbuilt. Hewitt aero wheels on the very first outing. All mangled!

Sods_Laur

Christ almighty. I had to watch that a few times before I realised what happened. I feel ill now!

That could have ended very badly, I'm glad it didn't. What a bell end. I don't understand how he got that so wrong, you were almost in front of him when he cut across you. He must have seen you and just decided to carry on :s

Top Bottom