Cyclist down - Me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Shame he's on remand. Every day spent on remand counts for 2 days off his sentence,, and this little scumbag deserves to enjoy every minute to the full.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I've only just caught up with this, Sara - I've not been on here much lately. So I'm sorry to hear about this, but pleased that a perpetrator was caught and has been sentenced.

I'm particularly pleased that he's been charged with, and found guilty of, assault as well as dangerous driving. All too often it seems the police and CPS rule other charges other than driving ones if a vehicle is involved, so maybe this will set a useful precedent where a vehicle is used as a weapon.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I've only just caught up with this, Sara - I've not been on here much lately. So I'm sorry to hear about this, but pleased that a perpetrator was caught and has been sentenced.

I'm particularly pleased that he's been charged with, and found guilty of, assault as well as dangerous driving. All too often it seems the police and CPS rule other charges other than driving ones if a vehicle is involved, so maybe this will set a useful precedent where a vehicle is used as a weapon.
I was quite surprised how seriously the police treated it, having read so many stories of similar situations where the driver got off lightly.
I've since found out that this chap is a serial violent offender, so I guess the police are fairly keen to get him off the streets.

Top Bottom