Cyclist down - Me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
That's really shocking!
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
How are you healing/feeling now?

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
why oh why oh why? idiot should get some sort of serious punishment that may not be all to humane!
well at least the brompton isn't a write off
also good to hear you are with CTC as hopefully they will be of great help

what are injuries to ones self?
Cheers Ed
Injuries wise I've got off very likely. Driver came at me from behind but I realised what was happening and started to pull over so he swerved and hit me side on,
I've got abrasions and bruises to both feet, which sounds insignificant but its causing me problems wearing shoes! Left knee has what I assume is ligament damage, Sore ribs on the left, they didn't x ray them but I felt something crunch in there yesterday so think there may be a fracture, Massive wing mirror shaped bruise on my right arm just above the elbow and some abrasions on my left hand.

Brompton has damaged chain ring, right pedal, handlebars, grips, front wheel and mudguard.
There's also damage to my shoe, top, watch, sunglasses and handbag.

Emotionally speaking its interesting. This happened not too far from where I live. I have to be honest and say that I haven't strayed too far away from home without my OH acting as security.

young Ed

Veteran
Injuries wise I've got off very likely. Driver came at me from behind but I realised what was happening and started to pull over so he swerved and hit me side on,
I've got abrasions and bruises to both feet, which sounds insignificant but its causing me problems wearing shoes! Left knee has what I assume is ligament damage, Sore ribs on the left, they didn't x ray them but I felt something crunch in there yesterday so think there may be a fracture, Massive wing mirror shaped bruise on my right arm just above the elbow and some abrasions on my left hand.

Brompton has damaged chain ring, right pedal, handlebars, grips, front wheel and mudguard.

Emotionally speaking its interesting. This happened not too far from where I live. I have to be honest and say that I haven't strayed too far away from home without my OH acting as security.
sounds like a dangerous place to live, may i ask roughly where it is?
get then to x-ray chest/ribs and CAT scan left knee if possible
i had a CAT scan on one of my wrists (i forget which one now) about a couple years ago or so and it is horrible to have done as i was lying on my front in a super man position with my wrist clamped in the plastic box thingy whilst in the massive tunnel for about 5 or 10 minutes with what sounded like jack hammers running all the time! does give great results though :thumbsup:
oh and a little tip, if they ask what music you like please tell them the truth as i just said not much and they just played a load of rather awful tunes through these head phones during the scan :sad:
Cheers Ed

raleighnut

Legendary Member
sounds like a dangerous place to live, may i ask roughly where it is?
get then to x-ray chest/ribs and CAT scan left knee if possible
i had a CAT scan on one of my wrists (i forget which one now) about a couple years ago or so and it is horrible to have done as i was lying on my front in a super man position with my wrist clamped in the plastic box thingy whilst in the massive tunnel for about 5 or 10 minutes with what sounded like jack hammers running all the time! does give great results though :thumbsup:
oh and a little tip, if they ask what music you like please tell them the truth as i just said not much and they just played a load of rather awful tunes through these head phones during the scan :sad:
Cheers Ed
That sounds more like an MRI scan than a CAT scan, (I've had both, as they can't do another MRI as I've got a mahoosive bar inside my Femur these days)

Ganymede

Veteran

Sarah_H, that sounds absolutely horrible. Just remember that most of the people where you live - probably 99.999% - would never do anything like that to anyone and would be horrified to hear about it. I'm sure you will soon come to an emotional place where you realise you don't have to let this vile individual spoil your day-to-day life, but in the meantime I would just pull up the drawbridge like you're doing and give yourself lots of hugs from everyone on here.

:hugs:

as well as availing yourself of all the hugs which present themselves in the real world. xx

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
That sounds more like an MRI scan than a CAT scan, (I've had both, as they can't do another MRI as I've got a mahoosive bar inside my Femur these days)
OT but I thought the same when they put an IM Nail in my arm a couple weeks ago. Speaking to other bionic cyclists it seems they can MRI you with Ti alloy bits, but it corrupts the image round the pin/plate/etc.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
OT but I thought the same when they put an IM Nail in my arm a couple weeks ago. Speaking to other bionic cyclists it seems they can MRI you with Ti alloy nits, but it corrupts the image round the pin/plate/etc.
I've got an IM nail in my femur now but not sure if its Ti or Stainless/Surgical steel and it was the femur they wanted a look at, which is not uniting so I've now had a 2nd bigger pin fitted which involved drilling out the bone to a close fit to the new pin.
Hence the purchase of a trike (only an upwrong) so I can get some physio/fitness in cos I've gone from 12.5 stone to over 15.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Not good. Hope it joins up soon. Sounds like you at least have enough recovery in the leg to be back in the saddle though, even if it's on 3 wheels :thumbsup:

I'm putting my turbo back together for now as I'm off the bike for the foreseeable future :sad:

NorvernRob

Its not really, just and ordinary residential area. I guess I was just unlucky to cross paths with this man.
Although Sheffield does have its no go area's, this isn't one of them.

Whereabouts was it Sara? Really sorry to hear about this, unfortunately Sheffield has it's fair share of complete w*nkers just as anywhere else does. I hope you are up and riding again soon and don't worry about it too much.

Rob

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Update time.

This week my perpetrator has appeared in court and pleaded guilty to dangerous driving and assault occasioning actual bodily harm, remains on remand (has been on remand since he was caught in August) and will be sentenced next month.

Last edited:
Top Bottom