Cyclist hasn't learnt to look where he's going...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
What kind of chump buys a bike, takes the reflectors off it, dresses in black, then goes for a ride staring face down at the tarmac? And he's fatter than Adrian, if such a thing were possible.

a shame there's no mechanism by which cyclists can be banned.
Chris Froome ?

winjim

Smash the cistern
I be well annoyed if someone did that to my car . Must have left a mark . I thought they both were very calm about it. would love to see the reaction of everyone after it happened to see who blames who .
Driving instructors tend to have pretty comprehensive insurance policies.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Over on bikeradar there is a guy called optimistic biker, paralysed after inexplicably running into the back of a van.

His thread is the only reason I drop back over there intermittently but he seems to have gone very quiet or moved on with his life beyond the blather of bike forums.

gavintc

Guru
What kind of chump buys a bike, takes the reflectors off it, dresses in black, then goes for a ride staring face down at the tarmac? And he's fatter than Adrian, if such a thing were possible.

a shame there's no mechanism by which cyclists can be banned.
Get real; banned for dropping his head for few seconds? The only damage was his pride and bike.
When have cyclists been required to wear bright clothes? We have black cars.
Reflectors - most bikes don't have them, can't see reflectors making any difference here.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Last time I did that, I was riding a Raleigh Grifter, which may well have been heavier than the car I hit.

I LOVED my Grifter, but how the hell I used to get up the hills where I was living at the time I have no idea.

Built like tanks they were............... with bit's that just decided to fall off or apart at anytime.
Great bikes. I loved my Grifter.. it was so much faster then the Chopper I had previous. Aaahh great days.

Gains84

The way he hits the car reminds me of a seal elegantly sliding into the sea for some reason. Couldn't help but laugh, totally his own fault but hopefully he wasnt too badly hurt and learnt his lesson.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Built like tanks they were............... with bit's that just decided to fall off or apart at anytime.
Great bikes. I loved my Grifter.. it was so much faster then the Chopper I had previous. Aaahh great days.
Bullet proof, the pounding mine, and I suspect most others got was phenomenal and I can't remember ever doing any sort of maintenance on it, kids today just don't know what they're missing.
Of course the front and back of the saddle had fallen off exposing a razor sharp piece of metal.

Top Bottom