Cyclist hasn't learnt to look where he's going...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Bullet proof, the pounding mine, and I suspect most others got was phenomenal and I can't remember ever doing any sort of maintenance on it
A Grifter , No maintenance ? , Never saw one more than a couple of weeks old that had working gears or a whole seat :biggrin:, I hit a kerb on mine and the forks snapped in two , I did love the bike though :smile:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
A Grifter , No maintenance ? , Never saw one more than a couple of weeks old that had working gears or a whole seat :biggrin:, I hit a kerb on mine and the forks snapped in two , I did love the bike though :smile:
Hmmm, now you've mentioned gears I do remember regularly fiddling about with the chain on the hub gear :smile:
No amount of maintenance in the world would save the saddle though.

Drago

Legendary Member
Never saw one more than a couple of weeks old that had working gears or a whole seat :biggrin:

And that foam bit on the handlebar brace that your mates would ever so helpfully dig their fingernails into and peel off for you.

My greatest cycling creation involved taking the rear wheel from a Grifter and got to g it to a Raleigh Wayfarer. I even got the gears to function. My friends were in awe of my inventiveness, although not some impressed with the need to cease pedalling prior to cornering.

U

User6179

And that foam bit on the handlebar brace that your mates would ever so helpfully dig their fingernails into and peel off for you.

My greatest cycling creation involved taking the rear wheel from a Grifter and got to g it to a Raleigh Wayfarer. I even got the gears to function. My friends were in awe of my inventiveness, although not some impressed with the need to cease pedalling prior to cornering.

Forgot about the foam on handlebars, I did remember the new Grifter XL my mate got one Christmas with cast iron wheels ,was unbeatable downhill .
Aye a pedal slapping the ground on a corner is not good .^_^

Julia9054

Guru
One of my lads did this (with slightly less force) to a neighbour's car when he was about 9.
Kids bounce. Neighbour's bumper dents have to be paid for!

Gixxerman

Guru
Being discussed HERE
Ah bu**er! I did search before I posted too. Obviiously not well enough. Oh well.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I did that too in 1965 when I was looking at a pretty girl on the pavement. Cars had boots in those days and I landed on top of it. No damage to bike, myself or boot lid though. Funny I still remember it 50 years on.!

Top Bottom