Daughter broke her arm........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Waiting for 9 hous with a broken arm is crazy for an adult, even worrse for a 12 year old girl.
I guess you must have seen the triage nurse and been to X ray in that time though?
You must have been unlucky did loads of ambulances arrived and jump the queue.

Best wishes.

She may be put in a partial plaster at first if there is a chance of swelling.

However if she gets a fibre glass cast then ask about colours.... a bright girly pink "plaster" may be the way to go

cast-colours.jpg

Bryony

Veteran
Best wishes.

She may be put in a partial plaster at first if there is a chance of swelling.

However if she gets a fibre glass cast then ask about colours.... a bright girly pink "plaster" may be the way to go

cast-colours.jpg
When I last broke my arm I opted for the purple glittery one!! ^_^

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Photos! We need photos! At least a shot of the gruesomely bent arm and one of the X ray.
Bad news though; I know how it feels to see your own child injured. She will come though it fine.
Gti Junior is only 15 and so far we've had: one broken arm (very young, greenstick injury) one knocked himself unconscious by nutting a tree and one compressed vertebra from a ski jump. No long-term harm done.

No pic, she broke it a little above her elbow, the bone end was was pushing against her skin. xx(

Waiting for 9 hous with a broken arm is crazy for an adult, even worrse for a 12 year old girl.
I guess you must have seen the triage nurse and been to X ray in that time though?
You must have been unlucky did loads of ambulances arrived and jump the queue.

It was awful for her, a lot of pain and not knowing how long it would last.................I do think when my wife and I swapped waiting duties something went "amiss" and she was forgotten within the system, even though of course we'd ask staff regularly............over 9 hours with her arm totally bust!

How did she break it? Falling off her bike?

Nope, she is like me, she has never fallen off a bike, she never falls, never has, till yesterday, as toddler she'd rampage around at speed, on the edge of disaster, but never actually fall, we called her the baby gyroscope. She did it simply by slipping off a wet rock and sticking her arm out to cushion her fall. :rolleyes:

She is doing fine, had her op at 11am today, I'll be collecting her at 8. :thumbsup:

Hope it heals quickly for her. My son broke his arm on the second day of our holiday last year in a soft play area!!! Only took 4 weeks to heal so I hope it's the same for her.

Lance Jack

Über Member
My wife was picking our daughter up from school about two years ago. She runs out of school with two of her friends (my daughter, not my wife), climbs up a climbing frame and fell off. The two of them come home, my wife not happy because she had run off and my daughter crying because she had hurt herself. I then proceed to tell her what I thought of her running out of sight and out of school. As she is sitting there crying I thought her arm looked a funny angle, just by the wrist. A trip to Darent Valley hospital A&E and she had broke it. More trips to fracture clinic and a nice pink cast followed. Got to say the hospital was very good
Hope you daughter recovers soon.

Top Bottom