Dentist couldnt get the root out............hospital for me now :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's a like for how quick the actual dental surgery was, not for the 3 month delay!

I have been told that I should be able to get an emergency same day or next day appointment, should it become necessary at the Tod dental practice. The dentist said that the broken tooth I mentioned above will probably be ok until the point where it isn't and then it could get very unpleasant very quickly! There isn't really enough of it left to do a simple repair and there doesn't seem to be much point in pulling out a tooth that isn't causing any problems yet. I'll wait until the dentist advises whipping it out and then it will have to go!

fimm

Veteran
Phone them. Remind them they are obliged to treat you within 18 weeks of referral or offer you the opportunity to be treated elsewhere (including at a private provider if they provide it as an NHS service).
Really? That's interesting. I'm also waiting for an appointment at the dental hospital to remove the root of a tooth after it snapped when the dentist tried to pull it out. The dentist said that the dental hospital is way behind its schedule at the moment and even if they (the dental practice) ring up, all they get is "they're very busy".
Hey ho. At the moment it only hurts if it gets cold, and I can take painkillers for that.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Final dental report from me ...

I had my 2 bad teeth taken out this morning. They took some shifting so my jaw is throbbing now. As expected (due to being on warfarin) I also experienced more than average bleeding from the vacated sockets and so had to chomp on a dressing for half an hour when I got home to help a clot form.

The dentist was great. He managed to get the teeth out without cutting the gums, which pleased me no end.

I am dosed-up with paracetamol now to take the edge off the discomfort. I will avoid strenuous cycling for a few days because I don't want to risk opening up the half-healed gums.

My next appointment will be in 6 months time unless I need emergency treatment before then.

I am never going to like dental treatment, but if this is as bad as it gets for me, then I can at least tolerate it! :okay:

Top Bottom