Did you go to school with anybody famous

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

When I was at school the following were there at the same time and knew them all

Paul McStay (Celtic and Scotland legend)
Phil O'Donnell (Celtic, Sheffield Wednesday and Motherwell player) RIP
Alan McManus (Dour faced snooker player)

abchandler

I was taught by Jacqui Smith in her first year out of college. She was cagey about her taste in films even then...

Globalti

Legendary Member
Howard Goodall the composer was in my class. His father was the Head, we called him Stosh.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
lee dixon (former arsenal player) was a few years ahead of me.

john harris, fairly tedious nme hack who occasionally pops up on tv was in my year, as were a couple of lads who went on to be sub sub and later doves.

Eddie the Eagle was in the year above me in school - and went on a ski'ing trip with him - fking good downhill skier by any standard on the slopes with a lot of natural ability (which you would not figure from his jumping performance at Calgary in 88)

Also Richard O'Brian (rocky horror) went to my school, but is a couple of decades older.

derall

Guru
Michael Clark was in my class at AGS. After he 'got famous' and formed his own company he came back to Aberdeen and did a performance at HM Theatre. Didn't go down well, Punk Ballet wasn't really what the staid Aberdonian audience was expecting.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Gruey! (Kieran O'Brien)

Carwash

Señor Member
The school I went to is not the sort of school that produces famous people (although I suppose it has the potential to produce famous criminals or Big Brother contestants). :biggrin:

My brother went to the same school as one of the blokes in Basement Jaxx though. And my dad was at school with Rick Mayall.

Mr Pig

I can't think of anyone. Guy in my art class now designs games for Rock Star North including the Grand Theft Auto series, my sister is a director at Intel but I can't think of a single famous person who even went to my school let alone was in my year.

Mr Pig

That Hollywood film Wanted, mate of mine sat next to the guy who wrote that in college. All he talked about was his stories, everyone thought he was wasting his time...

Top Bottom