Did you go to school with anybody famous

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
spandex said:
But Depeche Mode came from my home town and one of there mom's lived just down the end of the street from where I did

A mate of mine at school (in Brentwood, but not Brentwood school) was best mates with Dave Gahan.

A lot of my old cricket mates were at Brentwood school about that time.

Auntie Helen said:
My Dad went to school with Douglas Adams.

No-one famous was at my school when I was there!

Although I'm mates with a greenkeeper here in Norway who played football for Glasgow Rangers.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
nope & if i did it wouldnt bother me:biggrin:

Will1985

Über Member
Whilst I was there, I remember Becky Mantin 5 years above (ITV weathergirl), and Emma Pooley was 2 years above.

Time will tell if any of my year becomes famous.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

How dare you!

Paul McStay was one of the most talented players to ever grace the British game. Just played in a sh*te team at a sh*te period for the club.

Fab Foodie said:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

I love Albert Finney

Kirstie said:
Ralph Little (Antony in the Royle Family) went to my school. My dad was at school with, and is still mates with, the actors Tom and Albert Finney and the painter Sir Harold Riley.

ChrisKH

Guru
Definitely no one famous. Possibly one or two members of Dr. Feelgood (Ian please confirm :sad:). Other than that the only tenuous link to fame is my brother's best mate's Dad did time for the Brinks Mat bullion raid, now I think of it.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
andylaw79 said:
I always had you down as older than that Bonj - don't know why just did.

Really? I had him down as about 13:evil:

Blue

Legendary Member
I went to school with Martin O'Neill, the Aston Villa manager. Needless to say he was captain of the school football team, although it was gaelic football, not soccer!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
When I was at school we had a great English teacher called Mike Walling. Some days he'd turn up as Clint Eastwood, others he'd conduct the entire lesson in a really bad German accent. You never knew what you were going to get. One Saturday evening the phone rang and a friend said 'are you watching ITV? Turn it on - now!' I did, and there he was on New Faces as half of a comedy double act. They won the show, and later the series. Unfortunately, shortly after that his longtime partner had a heart attack, and that was the end of the act. He still pops up from time to time in tv comedies.

U

User482

I'm fairly sure that no-one who attended my school has ever achieved anything of note!

(goes and Googles)
(comes back)

Nope, no-one.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Kirstie said:
My dad was at school with, and is still mates with, the actors Tom and Albert Finney

Tom Finney was a footballer, wasn't he? He was Bill Shankly's hero and he used to tell his own players that Tom Finney could beat them playing in his overcoat.

Top Bottom