Did you go to school with anybody famous

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
My older brother was at school with Joe Bugner in St Ives....

No claim to even remote fame for me :biggrin:

Brains

Legendary Member
gb-locks said:
No one famous at my but Boy George's mum and Jim Davidson's mum were both cleaners at my Dad's work.

So you were local to me then. :biggrin:

The kleptomaniac was best mates (and later flat shared) with one of my mates (who I later flat shared with). The t'mother of t'other lived at the bottom of the road.

Whilst I was at school with a number of people with famous parents, and several that have gone on to marry famous people, and also quite a number of later famous people that I knew during my school years but were not actually in the same school so don't count either

I think the only ones I was actually at school with that I remember that have become famous in their own right were:

Mr. Hale the PE teacher (Hale and Pace)
err that's it - I'm sure there were several others, I'll edit later ......

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Norman Lamont was a few years above.
Alastair Darling was the year below me.
Andrew Marr was belower.

I think I should stop now :blush:

PaulB

Legendary Member
gb-locks said:
Hale and Pace if I remember right lived in the same road in Chislehurst?

They finally found out what happened to the Marie Celeste. Hale and Pace were the cabaret.

U

User482

dellzeqq said:
an entire page in Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Old_Alleynians

including seven holders of the Victoria Cross, and (my favourites) Bob Monkhouse and Raymond Chandler. I remember Phil Targgett-Adams (who became Phil Manzanera of Roxy Nusic) and Peter Lilley, and, of course, the egregious Bazalgette.

I was about to start ranting until I realised you weren't talking about the guy who did so much for public health in the Victorian era, principally through designing London's sewers. As it turns out, Peter is his great great grandson. From saving public health to big brother in just a few generations...

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I know, I know. It doesn't bear thinking about....although there's a metaphor there somewhere!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Toshiba Boy said:
Dave Moorcroft (GB 5,000m/10,000m (& later on Head of UK Athletics?)) was a few years ahead of me in my House at school.

Clive Owen (actor) was in year above me.

Neil Back and Danny Grewcock (England Rugby Union) were a few years below me.

Not bad for a Coventry Comprehensive in the 70's/early 80's!

Oh, and my dad was in same class at school with Ron Atkinson:ohmy:
I didn't go to your school, but I remember Clive Owen chatting to some of my mates in a Coventry pub and saying that one day he was going to make it big as a an actor. Yeah - dream on, thought I!

I also remember The Specials (when they were still called The (Coventry) Automatics) drinking in the same pub and saying that they were going to make it big in the music business. Yeah - dream on, thought I!

Who Dares Wins!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well I knew one but decided to Google (thanks User482 for the idea), and came up with the following:

Ulrika Jonsson
Mike Ashley
Jimmy Carr
David Connelly

I remember Ulrika but must have been there at the same time as Mike Ashley and Jimmy Carr too.

And on a separate note, I notice they have changed their houses - different thread, so that now they are Angelou - After Maya Angelou, Redgrave - After Steve Redgrave, Tenzing - After Tenzing Norgay, Curie - After Marie Curie

Blackandblue

I went to school with the guy who held the world record for solving the rubik cube in the fastest time. He was on swap shop and everything.

DH Lawrence also went to my school. But not at the same time as me.

Top Bottom