Do guitars induce estrogen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A

another_dave_b

I bought a teach-yourself-guitar book a while back, and now I seem to be obsessed with my fingernails.

I file my fingernails, I consider the merits filing my fingernails different shapes, I oil my fingernails, I buy tracts on fingernail care, I google endless fingernail treatments, I repair the smallest crack.

I'm only on lesson seven.

What will I be like by the time I finish the course? Hair extensions? Blond highlights? Wardrobe organised by colour, and season? Hot flushes?

Mr Pig

No, but you may forget how to wash.

purplepolly

another_dave_b said:
I file my fingernails, I consider the merits filing my fingernails different shapes, I oil my fingernails, I buy tracts on fingernail care, I google endless fingernail treatments, I repair the smallest crack.

I wear full length gloves on the bike unless it's too hot and latex gloves when repairing /fixing it so that I don't damage my nails. It's perhaps a little odd that my worst worry about coming off the bike is that it might stop me from playing guitar.

Mr Pig

Rigid Raider said:
I know a guitarist who is a tranny.

Bet he didn't sound as good as valves?

Boom Boom! ;0)

basil_brush_narrowweb__300x422,0.jpg

OP
OP
A

another_dave_b

purplepolly said:
It's perhaps a little odd that my worst worry about coming off the bike is that it might stop me from playing guitar.
Nope. Perfect guitar logic ;)

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
been playing 30 years and I never once got into manicures...erm...'cept once in the Bad girls on bikes group:ohmy:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
BigonaBianchi said:
been playing 30 years and I never once got into manicures...erm...'cept once in the Bad girls on bikes group:ohmy:

You joined of your own free will swetheart so accept the consequences:tongue::biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I think you just notice the way your nails grow a lot more as a guitarist.

Having bitten my nails until I was 25, long nails were never an issue.
The irony being that now I can grow my nails I need to keep all my nails, bar the thumb, really short on my left hand and my playing style means I wear down the thumb, index and middle finger nails on my right hand.

TBH, my nails look almost as bad as when I bit them.:tongue:

This leaves me with only three digits over two hands that you could laughingly call 'manicured'.

I will admit to carrying nail clippers in my gig bag.;)

Top Bottom