Do you guys have any expectations for 2016 bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

contadino

Veteran
I expect to spend 2016 saving up for an early 80s Bob Jackson and I doubt there's much the manufacurers can do to help me with that.

DEFENDER01

Über Member
If the 2016 models dont have
A .B. S. / cruse control self parking heated seats.
Then i am not that interested and they have failed us. ;)

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My predictable predictions:

More disc brakes (unfortunately)
SRAM Wireless shifting
1 X 12 drivetrain
Hopefully some brighter colors back

OP
OP
Torvi

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
My predictable predictions:

More disc brakes (unfortunately)
SRAM Wireless shifting
1 X 12 drivetrain
Hopefully some brighter colors back
why people keep hating on discs? i would gladly put them on my bikes, friend have them on his bike and never saw him complaining about them :smile:

DEFENDER01

Über Member
why people keep hating on discs? i would gladly put them on my bikes, friend have them on his bike and never saw him complaining about them :smile:
Once you have had disc brakes i dont know why you would want to downgrade to anything else.
My latest bike has them and i certainly wouldn't want to buy a bike without them now.
They work just as good in the wet as they do dry don't put any wear on wheel rims whats not to like. :scratch:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Lighter wheels, tyres, tubes to enhance power, speed and performance :whistle:

OP
OP
Torvi

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
Once you have had disc brakes i dont know why you would want to downgrade to anything else.
My latest bike has them and i certainly wouldn't want to buy a bike without them now.
They work just as good in the wet as they do dry don't put any wear on wheel rims whats not to like. :scratch:
not to mention that it's easier to take out the wheel with them on, on my planetx i found the brakes so tight i couldn't take out the wheels out without loosening the tension on them

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I don't hate them I just don't want any yet. I have some recent rims I would rather transfer to a new bike - these are not disc compatible. Having said that I don't think road discs brakes and associated wheels have matured properly yet or got to a decent price point. I suspect within 5 years it will be difficult to by a non disc bike over 1K.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I love my disc brakes, best thing i ever did was switch all my bikes to discs

Top Bottom