Votes: 1 100.0%
  • RLJ and ride on pavement

• Ride on pavement but no RLJ

• I dont do ethier and stick to the law

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

summerdays said:
I've had problems too not triggering lights and I would say its only ever a problem on bus lanes (is this in the town centre opposite the Hippodrome?) I now cycle across the paved central area slowly dodging the pedestrians who don't know it is for cyclists too.

That's not on my commute anymore, but yes, that has the same problem. As you say though, the central area is a permitted cycle path so I go across there, and down behind Jury's hotel, rejoining the road at the lights opposite El Puerto. Trouble is, most peds assume it's a pavement only so definitely one to do with caution.

A Nutter

Gary Kenny - a cycling quizmaster
The only time in the last year i've used a footpath is during some roadworks when there was hardly room for a car nevermind both of us. Didn't trust the drivers on that road anyway! So just took me time and joined the road after the works. On the way home from work that day, I took a different route xx(

Keith Oates

Janner
zimzum42 said:
Magnatome, you're welcome to come to Singapore and film me RLJing too, i do it right in front of the cops here, they don't care
heck, you can film me doing it in london, it'll make bugger all difference to me

Wait until your visa comes up for renewal you may get a suprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
dubman

dubman

Guru
so its about 50/50 then , if you take into account 10% probably are lying and another 10% follow the crowd , so its about equal , mmmm interesting result :biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
I have ridden on a pavement recently, but only because there were some temp traffic lights which were stuck on red. After waiting over 5 mins and watching a few motorbikes run the gauntlet of oncoming traffic, I decided to take the pavement around.
It was only 100m and there were no peds.

Otherwise I follow the laws set out for all road users.

Top Bottom