do you think my sister...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
is trying to convince me to move to Oz??? Got this email from her today:

"Anyway, hope your bike riding is going well and you don't fall off again! Sam's got the same pedals as you now and he's only fell off once. He also bought some lycra shorts! yeah baby. He looks rather sexy in them ;) x

Dylans still plodding along at school but he's only in until thursday and then he's got two weeks off so i'm going to have a look around for some things to entertain him. BEACH!!! Might take him to the museum in adelaide as they've got some sort of dinosaur show on at the moment. We've already been to the zoo and saw koala bears asleep in the tree...this mad tasmanian devil running round and round in circles and we got to hand feed dear, goats, sheep and a few other things. You can also go into the kangaroo enclosure and stroke them too. Sams got some photos of it so i'll try and put them on facebook for you to see. Very cool indeed.

Adelaide has an enormous cycling community and there are bike shops everywhere. At the weekend all the different bikey groups go all the way up the beach/costal road and back again. There are loads of them. and so many bikes to choose from, tyres, seats, helmets!! its lilke an epidemic. hehe"

OK, YOU'VE CONVINCED ME... I'M ON MY WAY!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I went once but I didn't like it!

Is English her first language? - she sounds like an Aussie:biggrin:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
LOL yes, this is the younger sister that got married and didn't tell anyone heehee. all that's calmed down now. It was my older sister that was doing all the poo-stirring tho (as per usual) and although i am speaking to her too now, she's not exactly my best friend ;)

when i say "speaking" i mean "Hi" and stay in the same room without actually killing each other

Globalti

Legendary Member
My wife got pally with a girl at work, who moved with her family to Australia. Then we started to receive annoying monthly bulletins about how brilliant it was, with pics of the kids frolicking on the each and so on. I could tell that my wife was impressed.

Then someone they knew got scoffed by a shark.

It's suddenly gone very quiet.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
A pal of mine married an Australian lass ands moved there. He comes over every now and then. On the whole he likes his life there but he never sounds totally convinced that that is where he'd like to be foerever.

redjedi

Über Member
rustychisel said:
:ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

ahhh, autumn. no wind, 24ºC sunny... perfect

Autumn leads to winter - no good
No wind - No challenge
24C (how do you do the little "o"?) - Too hot, 23c is about right.

And if Australia's so great why are all Australians living in West London?
All the pictures you see of sandy beaches, clear water and exotic wildlife are just fakes to lure all the brits over there leaving more space for them over here.

It's a conspiracy - don't fall for it. Your sister has obviously worked this out and is trying to get you to abandon your life here so she can take it over.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Rigid Raider said:
My wife got pally with a girl at work, who moved with her family to Australia. Then we started to receive annoying monthly bulletins about how brilliant it was, with pics of the kids frolicking on the each and so on. I could tell that my wife was impressed.

Excellent. What species? :ohmy:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Rigid Raider said:

:biggrin: i know i shouldn't larf, but! :smile::biggrin:

very-near said:
When I saw the title, I thought the message subject was 'is fit' with pictures for appraisal :biggrin: :laugh:

she is fit, but not as fit as me ;)

Mr Pig

I spoke to a woman who moved to Sidney. At first she loved it but soon realised that there wasn't that much to do in Sidney and the other interesting things in Australia were too far away to visit easily. It's a vast country and most of it is pretty stark. Still quite fancy it, though maybe New Zealand would be better.

GrahamG

Guru
Grass is always greener and all that - so many numpties (who have never left the UK) have some seriously rose-tinted views of Australia/NZ.

Top Bottom