do you think my sister...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
GrahamG said:
Grass is always greener and all that - so many numpties (who have never left the UK) have some seriously rose-tinted views of Australia/NZ.

I read a 'Brits-in-France' forum the other day which was generally saying that many expats were longing to return hom but either couldn't sell their French homes or had burnt their bridges and were unable to come back. There were many reasons which they gave for wanting to come back.

Mr Pig

rich p said:
There were many reasons which they gave for wanting to come back.

Was hating the French number one?

Wigsie

Nincompoop
GrahamG said:
Grass is always greener and all that - so many numpties (who have never left the UK) have some seriously rose-tinted views of Australia/NZ.

+1

My best mates an Aussie, came over here with family when he was 10, always said he would move back and did for a year now he is back in the UK.

I went and loved it, would definately go back but wouldnt live there permanently. Same as spain... my folks have a place there and yes its lovelyweather and you can walk around in a t shirt and jeans most of the time in winter but they can only manage 2 months out there then they get annoyed with the relaxed Manyana attitude.

As for the rose tinted image of the land down under I blame Neighbours! Primarily Jason Donavan.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Mr Pig said:
Was hating the French number one?

No, and I don't see how you can hate a whole race. We've got enough low-lifes and miseries over here so you might as well hate the Brits.

One of the reasons was difficulty in making friends but that is possibly because they bought a remote rural 'idyll'

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Mr Pig said:
I spoke to a woman who moved to Sidney. At first she loved it but soon realised that there wasn't that much to do in Sidney and the other interesting things in Australia were too far away to visit easily. It's a vast country and most of it is pretty stark. Still quite fancy it, though maybe New Zealand would be better.

my other sister lives in NZ (was it something i said ??) and my mum and dad went recently and came back wanting to move there. they had a fab time.

Top Bottom