Does Anyone on CC understand mobile phones ?? I need some help!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User19783

When was the last time you cleared your cache?
If never, then do it, also delete history and have a clean up, get rid of junk.

Then do a restart,

If still no good,
and it's not recommended,
do a factory reset ,
This action will clear a lot memories, etc.
Hope this helps.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace................had it now for 18 months.
Suddenly..........I can no longer receive 'smileys' (emoticons??). All I get is a small square frame.
I can send them to others alright. I even tried sending myself one and it came through........but when anyone sends them to me all I get is that black square.
I have gone through all the setting options but nothing seems to apply.
I have 'googled' the problem without success.
Any one got any ideas ??

Have you tried downloading a different messaging app from google play.

RitchieJoe

Boot into the phones recovery, clear cache and dalvik cache. Also the issue may be related to the messaging app you use, it could have recently had an update which has created a bug. I'd recommend trying a different sms app from the google store, yaata is my app of preference.

RitchieJoe

RitchieJoe

if it was previously displaying emoticons I would doubt it is the OS. I tried textra but it wasn't for me, I did use chomp but they began spamming with advertisements. Which phone do you have? I have an S4 with a cracked screen..... I had the s2 and s4... so the logical step would be the S6 but I have heard the devices processor slows down after a few months and the introduction of samsung knox prevents me from being able to root without voiding my warranty :sad:. So I'm sticking with the cracked s4 until they release the specs for the new nexus 2015 this year.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
if it is a samsung device. Turn it off. Hold the power and volume up button at the same time, let it load up and it will go into the stock recovery mode. There you have the option to perform the aforementioned processes to clear the devices cache.

try this app instead for Sending text messages (sms) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rpkandrodev.yaata&hl=en_GB

@twentysix by twentyfive there I did my best :hyper:
Thanks.:thumbsup: I'm an old fart so need it simple. Indeed my phone is so simple it's several generations behind the OP's (and most other folks too) :okay:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
They've got a new phone & it isn't compatible with your old out of date one. Throw yours in the bin and get a new contract.

{disclaimer: While I am not employed by a phone company and have no shares in one they do pay my pension so I want them to make a good profit}

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
if it was previously displaying emoticons I would doubt it is the OS. I tried textra but it wasn't for me, I did use chomp but they began spamming with advertisements. Which phone do you have? I have an S4 with a cracked screen..... I had the s2 and s4... so the logical step would be the S6 but I have heard the devices processor slows down after a few months and the introduction of samsung knox prevents me from being able to root without voiding my warranty :sad:. So I'm sticking with the cracked s4 until they release the specs for the new nexus 2015 this year.

I just got the Moto X 2nd Gen when they had a sale a few weeks ago prior to the new phone announcement, I got the 32GB for £269 sim free. I am glad I did because although the new Moto X is set to be excellent value if the prices I have seen are correct I don't want a 5.5" or 5.7" or whatever they finally release screen it is just to big.

I used to use samsung phones and tablets but I got sick of all the crapware so I had a couple of Moto G phones and now the Moto X and I am very very happy with it. My only complaint with the Moto G was the lack of storage (8gb) and only 1gb of ram so now I have 32gb of storage and 2gb of ram :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You might be getting sent the new emoji smilies that are being used by new phones ?

Other option is you do need a new phone. Found the 2 Galaxy Ace 2's went buggy and slow. My wifes used to make a constant cracking noise like it was about to blow ! :ohmy:

mustang1

Legendary Member
Go to tools/options/haptic feedback.
Go to emoticons tab.
Select smiley and hit edit. Deselect and reselect smiley.
Go back one level and choose Sending tab. Hit Clear Cache.
Now exit all way out and go to settings/apps then choose All Running.
Go to Hangouts and Clear Forms.
Now go to SMS and menu/what-a-crock. Ensure Crock is selected.

You should be all set.

Top Bottom