Does Anyone on CC understand mobile phones ?? I need some help!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The circuit board is contaminated with dust and dirt. Soak the phone in a hand hot solution of Fairy Liquid overnight and you'll notice a big difference next morning.

Trust me.
Good advice. An extra tip that can also add a certain something: in the morning, give it a thorough rinse under the tap, then dry it off with a towel and into the microwave for a minute on full power.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Though not as old as mine.

semaphore-flag-codes3.jpg

U

User6179

On Virgin mobile and I get the square symbol as well sometimes , I think it is when someone texts me from an their iphone .

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
No speed dial feature though. :okay:

I am surprised at how quickly the dial wheel resets itself. Maybe it is because it has been restored and has new parts that aren't worn out, but I remember phones years ago, and they were noticably slower.

That said, it receives calls, but I cannot ring from it (it makes the clicking noises for it dialing, but then gives a message that service is unavailable... So at least it works!).

This doesn't bother me too much at this stage as I had really bought the phone for when I move, but also, I read that you need an older style of line for it anyway as most lines are now set up for touching the keypad, etc. On these newer lines, a rotary can receive calls but cannot send, which is exactly what it is doing, so no worries!

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
As long as your provider still uses loop/disconnect signalling. You might have problems with some businesses tho' when they ask you to enter a number.

Yeah I read about getting the right thing set up.

As for the businesses..... Well, I will still use my mobile for things too!

I don't even know why I bought it (well, ok, I do), but I have always liked the idea of having one, so..... Now I have

U

User6179

I am on Virgin and it happens on all texts from any type of phone.
me as well now , just a square :sad:

Top Bottom