Dry Lube v. Wet Lube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
C'mon, It's not that bad! I bought one of those small 2oz bottles of Finish Line in early spring. I used it to lubricate 2 of my own bike chains and many others that weren't mine.

It ran out over Christmas - Not too bad for three quid!

Agree I got two years out of my Finish line wet 4oz. Used weekly on the commuter and my weekend bike.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I tried motorbike dry lube. It works ok but I found the drive train noise to be greater than when I'd used wet lube so went back to it.

Either you've never tried a decent dry lubricant before, or you're playing devils advocate, because no offence but that's rubbish. :thumbsup:

I have a can of Finish Line Dry in the garage - let's just say it's 'not good' in the wet.

HovR

Über Member
I have a can of Finish Line Dry in the garage - let's just say it's 'not good' in the wet.

Not as good in the wet as wet lubricants, but that's to be expected. Despite many rides in torrential/heavy downpours the only way I've managed to completely wash the lubricant out was by riding through bottom bracket deep floodwater, and even then it lasted a good few miles before the drivechain started getting noisy.

Not as good in the wet as wet lubricants, but that's to be expected. Despite many rides in torrential/heavy downpours the only way I've managed to completely wash the lubricant out was by riding through bottom bracket deep floodwater, and even then it lasted a good few miles before the drivechain started getting noisy.

so we have your anecdote versus my anecdote... :smile:

Mallory

I use finish line DRY lube on my chain. Okay in wet conditions it doesn't last as long but its much easier to clean off the chain (some baby wipes) and then re-lube.

Top Bottom