Dun Run lite - Friday, 3 Oct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I've thought about doing that on other rides but, certainly on FNRttC events, there is a fair bit of hanging around that would take you out of time. You might want to think about having the nav completely nailed so if you need to press on to do 200k in the right time, you can go alone.
Key point (in case you missed it mmmmartin); it's an experiment.
If I'm out of time, I'm out of time. I want to enjoy this ride more than I want to get 2 audax points and have it contribute to my RRTY.
If I can do both and have a several beer(s), happy days :thumbsup:.

ETA: If one of those (several) beers is with you mmmartin then very happy days.

Last edited:
U

User10571

Tix anna bike rezzie booked on the 14:47 from Diss.

U

User10571

You need to click 'Buy now' at least twice (I think) before it'll let you access the page with bike rezzies on it.

That's assuming you are booking through Southern - as I did.
Having just looked, Southern is still showing bike spaces as available on the 14:47 but, as you say, no more cheapy seats. £13.00 is as good as it gets.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User10571

We put our bikes in the vestibule on an Abellio train from Darsham last weekend, not having any reservations, and didn't see a trace of a guard the whole journey. I wouldn't worry too much.
Thing is....... the guards van is the only place on the Narch - London service that you're allowed to put bikes,and you need the guard to open that up for you.
If you put your bike in the vestibule, they have a proper hissyfit. DAHIKT

Tim Hall

A train, all to yourself?
These Germans, ahead of the rest of us you know.

In other news, I've booked a ticket and spoken to a nice lady at Abellio who booked me a bike space. No hold music either, so I told her I'd sing to myself.
(The Southern website kept crashing)

Top Bottom