Dun Run lite - Friday, 3 Oct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But isn't that where bike space reservations come in to play?

Sometimes, with some train companies, some of the on board train staff do know the details about reserved bike spaces. Generally they don't though. Lack of a joined up system.

I blame Thatcher John Major.

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
As above.
I'm toying with the idea of whether it'd be prudent housekeeping to forewarn the TOC that there might be ~ 20 cyclists wanting to board their 14:47 service from Diss.
The last time I did this there were around a half a dozen of us boarding and that was sufficient to Cause Comment and Account For Delay to the travelling public on the day.
Olaf?
Helmsman?

Not sure about that. The risk that some bureaucrat at the Abellio HQ plays up is bigger than the probability of actually getting the message on the the bloke on the train. Plus, if everyone has bike reservations, it should be really no issue.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Interested - but have to do detailed planning for Spain trip so do not yet know dates, so flog it if you can and if not, I might buy it nearer the time.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I had forgotten that I had arranged to go to Edinburgh to see my sister that weekend. Ticket on 14:47 from Diss going begging.
I have just found I managed to buy a ticket for the 1447.....on the Friday afternoon. :cursing: Dibs?

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Seriously thinking about this one, BUT my all time fave Pink Floyd tribute act are playing my local theatre that night, so it'll be tight getting to Hackney for the witching hour.
If it's the standard route outta Ldn, I could of course try catching you up…

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Seriously thinking about this one, BUT my all time fave Pink Floyd tribute act are playing my local theatre that night, so it'll be tight getting to Hackney for the witching hour.
If it's the standard route outta Ldn, I could of course try catching you up…

Do they have a really awful pun in their name? Most tribute bands do.
Lets see...
Atom Heart Covers?
Pink Fraud?

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Actually, they're called Perfect Alibi. I've been seeing them for about 5 years and to this day I know not why they're named such.
Any ideas, 'cos I'd love to know?

But highly recommended, they tour every year and afaik (I've seen quite a few) they are the only one out there who have a female vocalist who can carry off 'The Great Gig In The Sky' perfectly.
The big one - The Australian Pink Floyd Show, good as they are, don't even have a female.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Actually, they're called Perfect Alibi. I've been seeing them for about 5 years and to this day I know not why they're named such.
Any ideas, 'cos I'd love to know?

But highly recommended, they tour every year and afaik (I've seen quite a few) they are the only one out there who have a female vocalist who can carry off 'The Great Gig In The Sky' perfectly.
The big one - The Australian Pink Floyd Show, good as they are, don't even have a female.
If you booked a ticket for Friday 3rd you might be slightly surprised as "Oh what a beautiful morning" struck up. Perfect Alibi appear to be playing on Saturday 4th.
http://www.elgiva.com/index.php/whats-on-details/rodgers-hammerstein-songbook-3107.html

Top Bottom