Dun Run lite - Friday, 3 Oct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Actually, they're called Perfect Alibi. I've been seeing them for about 5 years and to this day I know not why they're named such.
Any ideas, 'cos I'd love to know?

But highly recommended, they tour every year and afaik (I've seen quite a few) they are the only one out there who have a female vocalist who can carry off 'The Great Gig In The Sky' perfectly.
The big one - The Australian Pink Floyd Show, good as they are, don't even have a female.
What?
Like Clare Torry?
Surely not.
She was paid pennies for her timbre at the time....

Last edited by a moderator:

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
If you booked a ticket for Friday 3rd you might be slightly surprised as "Oh what a beautiful morning" struck up. Perfect Alibi appear to be playing on Saturday 4th.
http://www.elgiva.com/index.php/whats-on-details/rodgers-hammerstein-songbook-3107.html
Ta for that, srw, I've booked nothing yet. I just knew it was that weekend.
Gonna be tight getting home then…

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ta for that, srw, I've booked nothing yet. I just knew it was that weekend.
Gonna be tight getting home then…
You could consider joining me on the Dun run lite lite. I'm planning to bail at Framlingham or thereabouts and head for either Ipswich or Diss for an easier return. Total distance would be about 110 miles or so.

Of course you don't actually get to Dunwich ... but I might come up with a snazzy name like the Ipswich Isolator, or the Diss Distributor.

martint235

Dog on a bike
You Dissing my bike?
Well it could use a clean.

StuartG

slower but further
No longer tentative. Definite and looking forward to a FORD FREE ROUTE. Haven't yet decided about how to get back or if I'm coming back :smile:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've just noticed that this is adjacent to a Felpham FNRttC (Oct 10) in the calendar.

I can't do both, so I think I'll jump ship for the Felpham one. It's been established that my little legs won't be able to go the course for this all the way to Diss, so I'd have to bail out early anyway.

I'm out. Sorry.

AlexB

Veteran
oooh tempting. Especially as my ride partner on the DunRun fell heavily into a pothole on the night and is recovering from a broken shoulder and smashed bike. Wonder if the two good lady wives can be persuaded that this is a good idea?

StuartG

slower but further
We have booked a bungalow (again) in Southwold for Sat/Sun nights to do the Flipside Festival @ Snape Maltings. We have a couple of bunk beds and/or settee/divan available for anyone who wants make it into a fun weekend rather than just a jolly good cycle ride. There maybe room in the car if you return Monday. PM if interested.

Surely anything is better than Diss?

Last edited:

ianmac62

Guru
I'm throwing caution to the winds financially so as to preserve my caution in terms of cycling mileage. I won't buy any super-cheap advance rail tickets with my senior railcard discount but intend look very carefully at bail-out points on the route near-ish to stations - à la Dogtrousers although I realise he's not on the ride now. I shall be really happy if I don't have to - but I'm going to be happy if I have a Plan B.

Top Bottom