East Mid's CC 4 Seasons Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In an attempt to prove to the rest of CC that us lot bang in the middle are alive, well and kicking, we [this is the royal one] would like to anounce [providing the first one gets support] a series of rides. One to be planned for each season of the year. The first I am prepared to lead this month on either 28th, 29th or 30th. This hopefully gives time for the Christmas pud to have been digested, you starting to feel guilty and before you get wellied at New Year.
The ride is of course open to all from any region. Starting point for the first one will be Barrow Upon Soar. It's relatively easy to get to [train station], and anyone who wants to do it car assisted can leave their car at mine and we will ride to the start. Ride time I suggest 09.30.
Feedback please anim_31.gif

TVC

Thanks for this. Guess what, I'm going to be first to wimp out. I'm going to be at my brothers' place in Leeds for all of those dates. Sorry.

I am up for the other rides, or this one at another time. A pm to other known east midlanders might be a good idea, and Roger always seems able to round up a small posse.

There are other midlands riders? As you might have noticed the response has been ever so slightly underwhelming. This leads me to the conclusion that [apart from yourself and one other] there are no CC cyclists who ride their bikes for fun in these parts. The last ride I tried to get off the ground was a fixed gear and just one other CC rider turned up...........from Felixstowe!!!
I had mistakenly thought that this was a brilliant way to meet other like-minded people who enjoy riding their bikes around here. Well, I'll leave it up as we will be out enjoying the countryside on at least one of those days.

Top Bottom