Easy North Herts Ride 21st Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevevw

Guru
I am leading a ride for my local club the Watton Wheelers on the 21st of Feb roll out 9:00am from the Sports Pavilion Watton at Stone Herts. Take the turning oposite the Bull pub in the high street. Pavilion is 50 metres in front of you.
Only a morning ride of about 30 miles at a easy/moderate pace with one coffee stop at about 20 miles.

All CC members are more than welcome to come along for a pootle through the Hertfordshire lanes.
Would be an ideal ride for those that have not been out with a group before. So let me know if you want to join us.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
That could be fun. Can I give a tentative 'Maybe'?
It might be worth giving an address / map ref / post code for the sports pavilion. I don't know where it is and I'm only a few miles away!!

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
ianrauk said:
Thanks Steve.. tell you what, not being from Herts, I will trawl the web looking for nearest train station etc..:smile::bravo:

Nearest train station is 200 metres away Watton at Stone on the line from Kings cross or if no trains are stopping at Watton that early you can get off at Hertford North. Turn left out of the station and cycle for 6 miles to Watton. Any that want to use the liverpool street line to Hertford East I can give you directions on bike route toaster. Which will also pass the Hertford North station and you will be able to see watton station too.
http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=99649

TheDoctor said:
Ah, yes, I know where the Bull is...:angry:
He was in the barn when i left the farm this morning

colinr

I'm a possible, depends if my sister is about to put me up the night before, no way I'll get up early enough to drive down! If so she'll probably join too.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Right this is looking like Mouseketeer material. Up to Herts, do the ride and cycle all the way back home to London/Kent.. anyone else?

ianrauk said:
Right this is looking like Mouseketeer material. Up to Herts, do the ride and cycle all the way back home to London/Kent.. anyone else?

It's a good ride out that way, although I guess you may be heading a bit straighter than I would. Are you doing A10 Ian? (Direction, not road, necessarily? :tongue:)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes mate.... A10 & A1010... near same as we came back from the Essex ride I suppose

Aperitif said:
It's a good ride out that way, although I guess you may be heading a bit straighter than I would. Are you doing A10 Ian? (Direction, not road, necessarily? :tongue:)

Top Bottom