"Eddington Number"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
This may help to illustrate it. You can clearly see that on ride # 99 is 107 miles, ride # 106 is 106 miles (my current number), so to get to 107 I need 8 rides of 107 or above. To get to 108 I need another x13 108 or above. For 109 I need x18 rides of 109 or above.

View attachment 106598
Ah ha. Gotcha. It works better visually than as I was thinking of it in terms of equations.

That's some impressive distances. Chapeau.

I can see why Steve and Kurt could hit 200 in double quick time as part of their year records, even if they hadn't got a good stack of those kind of miles recorded to call on before.

I can see why Steve and Kurt could hit 200 in double quick time as part of their year records, even if they hadn't got a good stack of those kind of miles recorded to call on before.
Except... they have. :okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Just saw that the Canini.me site has disappeared. Anyone know if it has moved somewhere else?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Just saw that the Canini.me site has disappeared. Anyone know if it has moved somewhere else?

Apparently not :smile:

I've pulled all my mileage since 2010 into one list on Excel so I can do my own calculations now.

I finished 2015 with a lifetime Eddington mumber of 63 and a 2015 number of 40.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Thought it was time I played with the Strava API. Just attempted to implement this. Have a play and let me know if it works.

http://mcgalliard.org/eddington

(warning it's very rough, but it does calculate metric and imperial. )

Excellent, thanks. Works great.

It gives me an Eddington Number one less than I made it from Excel. My guess is that I have one ride that is in Excel as say 65 miles that is actually 64.94 or something similar in Strava.

Top Bottom