Enterprise Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Not posted for a while but just wanted to update. Things have been moving on in the club. The new record for 3 mins is 1.22 miles. We have a sponsor but have realised that jerseys are a bit beyond our budget (it was looking at about £40 per jersey) so we've gone for polo shirts instead. The kids have designed the logos etc...we're a church school so the logo has a wheel with two spanners making a cross - one of the kids came up with the tag line: Find, Fix, Fun...so we've gone for that! Other than that we've not done too much to the new frame as we're coming to year end (financially) and have spent up! So it's going to be a wait until we can get the crankset, stem and derailleurs. But most of all...the kids are really enthused (still!). They wrote a few letters to velodromes asking if we could visit and we'ere waiting for their replies (watch this space!).

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Haven't posted for a while as I've been a bit lazy so just giving an update to anyone who is still looking!

The club record was beaten and is now 1.29 miles (lots of cheering ensued and sadly, the kid who held the record cried!).

We're still waiting on the t-shirts but the good news is that we've managed to secure powder coating the old peugeot for the princely sum of £15ish!!! It was sitting neglected while we built up the SAB...I got chatting to one of my neighbours who makes gates as a side and his best friend owns a company that can do it for us. I cheekily asked and he said that if we got it ready he would do it for £10-£15! Result! The only thing is that he said the colour options were limited to blue, white, black and red...not sure which to choose???

No response from the velodrome yet...I guess they're busy as they've just opened but still hoping!

Top Bottom