Exchange with a taxi driver...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Riding home yesterday, pulled up in the right hand lane at some lights, (the left hand lane is a bus lane and rather full of bus). Become aware of a car puling up behind the bus, and give it a sidelong glance, thinking "You better be a taxi, not a private car..." I'd had to watch out for a couple of cars further up, switching lanes suddenly. Then realised the driver had his window down and was speaking to me...

"I like your jacket, that's neat!"

I was in my POLITE vest....:sad:

So I said "Cheers!" and went on my merry way.

grhm

Veteran
It's only a small minority of cabbies (or drivers) that cause cyclists problems. It nice to hear stories like this every now and then to help restore my faith in the human race. :sad:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I came off going round Marble Arch once. The black cab behind me pulled up, broadside, in the middle of the road to shield me from the traffic, got out of the cab and came over to make sure I was ok, told me to take my time (ignoring all the blaring horns), and helped me off the road. Then calmly got back in the cab and drove away.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
[quote name='swee'pea99']I came off going round Marble Arch once. The black cab behind me pulled up, broadside, in the middle of the road to shield me from the traffic, got out of the cab and came over to make sure I was ok, told me to take my time (ignoring all the blaring horns), and helped me off the road. Then calmly got back in the cab and drove away.[/quote]Did you still have your wallet? :sad:;)

Top Bottom