Famous people wot went to your skool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Following CoG's revelations about his colleague, let's start a thread about famous school pupils.

I went to school with Warwick Davies, the famous dwarf, he was about 7 years older than me, but even then was much shorter.

Joe Strummer was also a former pupil but he left well before I arrived. The school never made a big deal out of this, probably because he wasnt their idea of a model pupil.

Sandra6

Veteran
Lisa Stansfield went to my school, she was in the same year as my brother, one above me. Her mum used to work for my friend's mum.
I went to middle school with a lad, last name Greenwood, first name clearly not Ginger but that's all I can remember, he went onto be in a few random kids drama's in the late 80's.

swansonj

Guru
Following CoG's revelations about his colleague, let's start a thread about famous school pupils.

I went to school with Warwick Davies, the famous dwarf, he was about 7 years older than me, but even then was much shorter.

Joe Strummer was also a former pupil but he left well before I arrived. The school never made a big deal out of this, probably because he wasnt their idea of a model pupil.
This will spawn a subsidiary game of "work out which school people went to" - City of London Freemans?
Me, I went to school with a future MP who got thrown out of his party and lost his seat after being arrested, and the actor who shot Dirty Den.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
My dad went to school with mass murderer, Dr Harold Shipman, but he was in the year above. My brother spotted him in the school photograph reproduced on the front of the Daily Mirror. He was standing next to my dad. My dad said he didn't really know him, but should have done because they were both in school rugby teams, both very good at sprinting and the long jump.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Martin Clunes, the singer from la roux was in my year, Naoko Mori, Tom Wright (the architect for Burj Al Arab) and an actor that was in The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy (the boy that asked the computer the question)

brodiej

Veteran
This thread is brilliant.

Who knew about Harold Shipman's athletic abilities or Lisa Stansfield's mum's employment :smile:

Howard Jones went to my school where he was (improbably) thought of as a very good classical musician.

Ian Dury went there too as annoying Question of Sport bloke Matt Dawson

The McGann brothers, all of them, I think. One of them was in my year and used to get the same bus as me. Don't ask me which one, I don't know. They all look the same to me.

tumblr_m7vp2hA2K31qf7etfo1_1280.jpg

And they were all absolutely terrible in the Hanging Gale.

The McGann brothers, all of them, I think. One of them used to get the same bus as me. Don't ask me which one, I don't know. They all look the same to me.

Renault McGann?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
A well-known popular beat combo, one of whom I played the recorder with in a consort group.

A well-known comedian, half of a comedy double-act and newly married to the host of a great TV quiz-show.

A well-known comic actor, star of a well-known TV sitcom.

A well-known conservative member of parliament.

One half of a well-known comic strip creation team.

Top Bottom