Festival of Eid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've heard of Eid Ul Fukka:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
Not sure what Eid is but my daughter brought me home a Happy Eid card from nursery yesterday so it must be something quite good.

Melvil

I saw the Eid celebrations in Oxford (Cowley) once. They were great. There was fireworks and big lights strung up across the street, like the christmas lights, only Eid ones, and lots and lots and lots of food (yum)! What's not to like?

LLB

Melvil said:
I saw the Eid celebrations in Oxford (Cowley) once. They were great. There was fireworks and big lights strung up across the street, like the christmas lights, only Eid ones, and lots and lots and lots of food (yum)! What's not to like?

The fasting bit before the festival :smile:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
We got a day off in Singapore!!!!!

In the spirit of things, I got well pissed on Tuesday night! got a bit lucky too :blush:

zimzum42 said:
I got well pissed on Tuesday night! got a bit lucky too :blush:

tell us more ZZ :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
gezza said:
it was also the jewish new year for me this week as well,SO HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
Rosh Hashanah greetings, gezza!

Happy Eid! Just back at work today after 2 days off for celebrations. Visited family and gave presents to kids, nephews and neices etc. Had a traditional Asian meal in the evening...er...it was roast lamb, yorkshire pud, mash, sprouts and lashings of gravy! B)

Commute this a.m. was a bit tiring (first time in a month), but it was my first on the Allez. Very enjoyable!

Maz

Guru
gezza said:
Tordah Rabah Maz,
its the big one next week(weds/thurs) which I dont like Yom Kippur-Day of Attonement-a 25 hour fast(dont know why its 25hours though) no food or water is allowed past the lips,its a day of suffering & sorrow !! Ouch!!
Wow. 25 hours. That's a long fast. The average fast for me this year was only 14 hours or so.

I was invited to a seder a while back (might've mentioned it before) at the local progressive synagogue. It was a completely new experience for me, not surprisingly. Skipped on the wine, but had some of the matza, etc.

Top Bottom