Films that are rated and when you eventually

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beancounter

Having shot down sh4rkybloke for his rubbishing of the utterly magnificent Citizen Kane, I'll now put my own neck on the block by nominating my own 3 most over-rated films ever made:-

Casablanca
Some Like It Hot
Star Wars

Chop away.

bc

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
beancounter said:
Casablanca

I love Casablanca. It is utterly superficial but has style and the kind of casually brilliant screen acting it's hard to find these days.

The other two just make me go 'meh'... I liked Star Wars as a kid. THX1138 is a much better and more innovative film though. Lucas is just not a good director of real people.

Maz

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
iirc the blair witch thingy failed to live up to expectations…
I agree totally. Everyone raved about it, but it really failed to deliver IMHO.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Oh yeah I forgot about Blair Witch Project.

Casablanca is not my favourite film but I think aspects of the production and how it pieces together is brilliant.

Hmmm not heard of Chop Away let alone seen it so can't really comment on that one.

Maz

Guru
marinyork said:
Hmmm not heard of Chop Away let alone seen it so can't really comment on that one.
I don't think it's the name of a film, rather a comment/request by beancounter for others to "diss" his selection.

catwoman

This may shock but I fell asleep while watching Seven twice, in the cinema and then at home. I didn't appreciate the Usual Suspects either. I thought it was tedious and boring in the extreme....

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Maz said:
I don't think it's the name of a film, rather a comment/request by beancounter for others to "diss" his selection.

Oic, I suppose there was a full stop after it. One less film in existence for me to not miss missing :tongue:.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Pulp Fiction. That was crap.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
WelshYiddo said:
Its a Wonderful Life - wife nagged me for years to watch it and loads of people told it was superb...........I fell asleep after half an hour.
anything to do with Xmas spirits? :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Flying_Monkey said:
TThese include things like: Forrest Gump, The Green Mile, and probably Good Will Hunting (it sounds like it's one of them, but I haven't had the misfortune of seeing it).
Largely agree with what you've said on the matter FM, and I avoided seeing Forrest gump for years, thinking it would be sh!te... however, when I DID see it, I have to admit that despite my natural inclination away from films like that, I really enjoyed it! :smile:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
User3143 said:
Funny you should mention The Usual suspects I remembered when I first watched this, I could only watch the first half hour and was bored out of my mind. But then again I watched it a couple of days later and thought it was one of the best films I had ever seen.

I couldn't work out what everyone seemed to think was so brilliant about it. It was pretty obvious what was going on from the start and what the 'twist' would be... and it took a long and not particularly interesting time getting there. Mind you, I didn't see The Sixth Sense's twist coming at all - and everyone told me that was obvious. And I cried. :smile: So it just depends really...

Niall Estick

Can we have some back up with these opinions?

LOTR.

Dull. People are either being chased or fighting. Really don't give a monkies who ends up with the ring. Just don't care really.

Top Bottom