FLAT imperial century (metric century option) from Garforth, Saturday 10th July 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:popcorn:
Cawood Park is at 66 km (41 miles). Last time I took enough drink to get me there and then refilled my bottles to get me back.

I think we stopped for our own snacks on the short section of offroad that gets us to Topham. That is at 103 km (64 miles). There were other brief stops every now and then while people had pee stops behind hedges so there were plenty more opportunities for snacking.

To be fair I still have enough body reserves to get me round, I just like an excuse to eat more :hungry:🍰 :hungry::popcorn:

si_c

Guru
:popcorn:

To be fair I still have enough body reserves to get me round, I just like an excuse to eat more :hungry:🍰 :hungry::popcorn:
At this point I've probably got the reserves to get myself around a dozen or so times, it's my arse that's the likeliest body part to give in.

Buck

Guru
We should copy the professional riders:-

1625821028216.jpeg

T4tomo

Legendary Member

Is it Black or Brown Colin? If no-one relieves you of it on your ride I may be interested. My Holdsworth I've just been fettling came with one, and on evidence of a shortish test run, my arse is compatible with it. But i'd want to do a longer ride to be sure, but if that works out then it may vie with the Charge Spoons that are on most of my fleet as a saddle of choice, for the steel bikes at least.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is it Black or Brown Colin? If no-one relieves you of it on your ride I may be interested. My Holdsworth I've just been fettling came with one, and on evidence of a shortish test run, my arse is compatible with it. But i'd want to do a longer ride to be sure, but if that works out then it may vie with the Charge Spoons that are on most of my fleet as a saddle of choice, for the steel bikes at least.
Black. The text you quoted is actually a link to my sales pitch, which includes a couple of photos.

I won't be taking it tomorrow unless someone posts a request before I set off. I don't want to carry it about on the off chance of someone wanting it.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Black. The text you quoted is actually a link to my sales pitch, which includes a couple of photos.

I won't be taking it tomorrow unless someone posts a request before I set off. I don't want to carry it about on the off chance of someone wanting it.
Ok i'll let you know - yes I saw the photo's I was erring on black but wasn't sure and hoping for brown, as you can never tell with photos and I'm not great on distinguishing between various dark colours:laugh:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Quick heads up for anyone travelling by train. There's likely to be a revised timetable coming into effect this weekend :sad: Not sure when the systems will be updated with this new info, but may be worth checking later this evening or certainly before travelling in the morning.
Apparently it's all the fault of traincrew & their lack of appetite for overtime this weekend, nothing to do with poor management :angry:

Had a gentle spin on the turbo this morning & the legs are still not 100% so I may just opt for the 100km route as I've 50km to do to & from the station :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Quick heads up for anyone travelling by train. There's likely to be a revised timetable coming into effect this weekend :sad: Not sure when the systems will be updated with this new info, but may be worth checking later this evening or certainly before travelling in the morning.
Apparently it's all the fault of traincrew & their lack of appetite for overtime this weekend, nothing to do with poor management :angry:

Had a gentle spin on the turbo this morning & the legs are still not 100% so I may just opt for the 100km route as I've 50km to do to & from the station :okay:
I'll check at midnight before I turn in and again when I get up at about 06:30. Hopefully, if there are any changes they won't be too much of a problem!

I'm just putting the route on one GPS and might also put it on a second one which I haven't tested properly yet - partly for a backup, and partly so I CAN test it.

Is that 50 to the start and 50 from the finish so a 200 (big respect!), or 'just' 50 for whole 'commute' + the 100, in which case you need to throw an extra 10 in somewhere ;). I like the fact that a metric century and a big commute is taking it easy! See you tomorrow.

Top Bottom