FLAT imperial century (metric century option) from Garforth, Saturday 10th July 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I almost feel guilty riding 108 miles today, and interestingly (or not obv.) about my ride being a similar lumpiness (TM) as Garforth. I may have peaked though...

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I did a mere 61 flat km today. What is that, about 38 miles?

Bonus endurance points though for doing the second half in torrential rain...

😄

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I just took the batteries out of the ancient Etrex GPS that I used on that ride... For the first time in 15 years of use, rain water had managed to get into the battery compartment. It is a good job that I discovered it and drained the water out, or the batteries and/or GPS could have perished from corrosion.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
If anyone attending next Saturday would like a cheap train ticket , valid on Northern services only, please PM me this weekend. I'll get them sorted & posted out on Monday to allow for any delays in the postal system :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I managed a lumpy 106 km ride here in Devon a couple of days ago, which suggests that I should be ok for this much flatter 160-odd km.

I need to give my rear end a few days off the bike before then though. The saddle on my Devon bike is pretty comfy for 2-3 hours but started to do some damage after 6+ hours!

I'll put a spare Planet X Superlight Team Saddle *** on the Devon bike and bring the current one back to put on my MTB. I can't see me doing too many really long MTB rides these days.

*** They are currently on sale for 25% (£18.50) so if you like them and need another one, grab one while you can!

Buck

Guru
I’m as ready as I’ll ever be! Done more riding this year than the last few due to my health being better but not too many long rides.
Perhaps my hill climbing will translate into distance next weekend?!

Julia9054

Guru
Perhaps my hill climbing will translate into distance next weekend?
That's what I'm hoping. Currently tucking into a bacon sandwich 35 miles into a relentlessly rainy 60 mile "training" ride!

colly

Re member eR
That's what I'm hoping. Currently tucking into a bacon sandwich 35 miles into a relentlessly rainy 60 mile "training" ride!
You are out today?? (well done :okay: ) It's bouncing off the tarmac here. I was out for a couple of hours early on before the rain set in.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I have been playing musical chairs with some of my saddles!

The saddle on my new (to me - actually secondhand) 'Devon bike' was ok for a few hours but painful on all day rides so I put a spare Planet X saddle on. I have put the saddle from the Devon bike on my turbo trainer bike. The saddle from the TT bike never suited me. It is a 'classic' San Marco Rolls. Some people love them, some hate them; I'm a hater!

So, I have a Rolls surplus to requirements... I quickly checked and the cheapest I found them was £69 at Spa Cycles. I was going to offer it for sale at £40 for a decent saving, but I took a closer look and it is not in mint condition. It has a scuff on the back on the RHS. It's the kind of thing that saddles tend to get after being leaned against a few cafe stop walls!

While taking that photo I spotted a scratch on the top of the saddle which was pretty subtle so I hadn't previously noticed it.

It's a perfectly functional saddle and if it suited my bum I wouldn't be bothered by the slight cosmetic damage, but I thought I would knock another fiver off for that. That would make the price £35 if I had to post the saddle, but then it occurred to me that one of you might be interested, in which case the price would be £30, delivered in person...

Post below if you want the saddle at that price. First come first served! You will either have to nip back to your vehicle before we set off, or carry it with you all day. I won't want to carry it for 100 miles! :okay:

There is now a question mark over whether I can ride as my wife may have to work on Saturday and if she does, I’ll need to look after the kids. I’ll keep you posted.
I hope that you can make it, but if not, catch you another time!

Top Bottom