Focus Cayo 105 or Cube Attempt compact 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Cayo Pro came with DT Swiss R1900, probably better than RS80's, but still worth upgrading to compliment the rest of the bike. Wheelsets are an easy area to scrimp on and how many manufacturers bring bikes at a certain price point.

My Cayo Pro was £2100 with full Dura-Ace 7900, and the groupset retail price back then was £1600, so to sell a full carbon bike for £2100 means something has to give, and IMHO it's usually the wheelset!

OP
OP
jdrussell

jdrussell

Ok having spoken to wiggle the 60cm is roundabout the same sizes the cube 62, so I've ordered it, hopefully will be here this week.

Whoop !!

e-rider

crappy member
good work - it's a great bike for a great price

but remember, if you're not 100% convinced don't be afraid to send it back using their 30 trial period

I found the 44cm bar width on mine was a little narrow so changed to 46cm bars (I believe all large bikes only come with 44s) - also changed the saddle!!!

Did you see mine in the photo gallery?

Jonathing

Über Member
I got the 54cm Cayo 105 a couple of weeks ago standing as I do a mighty 5'8 1/2" and it's a shade too big for me (although not so big that the 52cm would actually have fit). The racier geometry is a change from my compact winter bike which makes it seem like a much more strung out riding position.

I agree about the questionable finishing kit, the saddle will be foisted on the next person to need to borrow one from me as I have already replaced it with a Selle Italia SLR and the wheels have been swapped to Fulcrum 5's that I had sitting in a cupboard, like you do. Otherwise it's a lovely bike, it goes like my fixed, which I never thought a geared bike would, stiff as a proverbial stiff thing. Now to get a job in a hillier part of the country to really test it...!

OP
OP
jdrussell

jdrussell

Ok so got the Focus Cayo 105. Had a problem though with the front wheel in the first mile, and have to get it repaired.

Wiggle have been great though, I have taken the wheel to get repaired locally and they will cover the cost of the repair costs. The issue is with the hub core. It appears to be cross threaded and the cone is then not sitting flush with the hub and so the front wheel doesn't spin.

All good though, should have it fixed and have an Easton wheel as a spare from the bike shop. Just wish this rain would go away and then I could ride it !!

Argh! Is there anything worse than a problem with a new bike? Glad it's arrived though, this is a small hiccup, once it's sorted you'll soon forget all about once the miles start racking up, plus you've got the spare wheel to keep you going as well.
I've got my fingers crossed for some dry days too, don't forget some pics of the bike :smile:

OP
OP
jdrussell

jdrussell

quote name='smokeysmoo' timestamp='1306420844' post='1684261']
Argh! Is there anything worse than a problem with a new bike? Glad it's arrived though, this is a small hiccup, once it's sorted you'll soon forget all about once the miles start racking up, plus you've got the spare wheel to keep you going as well.
I've got my fingers crossed for some dry days too, don't forget some pics of the bike :smile:
[/quote]

pics are up in carbon frame thread, but just for you, here you go:

j0crgn.jpg

2n15b90.jpg

14ugpsm.jpg

25jwkec.jpg

j7e1wx.jpg

2zflukx.jpg

Top Bottom