Forgot to vote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn't vote. I assume there wasn't an option, "Total waste of money. Don't want one."

Essex PCC costs about a £million. £333.000 goes on the wages for "the team", including £55k for a PART TIME accountant.
On top of that is offices, secretaries, other staff, and those expense accounts, and they're not even policemen/women.

Our village station is long gone, the nearest big village/main road station is gone, the nearest small town station is closed,
talk of closing the larger town of Halstead, so the nearest fully maned station is 30 mins away by car in Braintree.
Cuts should start at the top. That's where the savings are.

My mate had his bike shed broke into. He had just had cctv fitted. He phoned Braintree to report the theft and told them
it was on camera.
"Do you recognise the perpetrators Sir" ?
"Err, no, I don't" my mate said.
"Then it's not worth us coming out Sir," was the Police reply.

:angry:

Paul G

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Very funny, but wouldn't it be better to spoil the ballot paper and acknowledge the terrible struggles that some people went through to get ordinary people the right to vote at all?

First time I haven't voted in 33 years of eligibility, I had reasons other than 'cant be arsed and they're tossers' but they're not as funny.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Very funny, but wouldn't it be better to spoil the ballot paper and acknowledge the terrible struggles that some people went through to get ordinary people the right to vote at all?

I think an incredibly low turnout for PCC elections will send the same message as a spoilt ballot paper and cost less money too.

Stephenite

Membå
I'm not allowed to vote in the UK. It's because I haven't been a resident for over 15 years. Even though I'm a British citizen I have no vote. Being a British citizen means I don't have a vote in the country I live in either. (Though I can vote in local elections here in Norway).

I've never wanted to vote more now that I can't.

JoshM

I voted. It doesn't take long and doing so gives me the right to moan about the shower of... Well moan about them for the next 5 years.

In my opinion if you didn't engage in the process you don't get to have an opinion on the outcome.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I got half-way there (walking) and was in too much pain. I was only going to stick my X on anything other than the likely winner as a protest vote.

Not that it'd have made any difference; the local councillor got over 50% of the vote and he's currently the Mayor of Kirklees.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
we only had a police commissioner to vote for and as we have not had anything posted to us to make an informed decision i could not be bothered and i think its a complete of waste of money
I don't understand that bad attitude: firstly, I think every household was sent a leaflet with the link to the Police Commissioner candidate manifestoes on www.ChooseMyPCC.org.uk some time ago. I think the manifestoes should be mailed out but that's not the system the Cameron-Clegg government introduced.

Secondly, it's arguably a waste of money in some ways, but it's cheaper than having seventeen police authority members like we had before changing to commissioners - and many people didn't even know about that nice little earner for county councillors, magistrates and their invitees. It could be made cheaper by holding it at the same time as some other elections (probably European ones, to avoid the commissioners reflecting the Commons, counties or boroughs too closely), but what other realistic options for police accountability are there? Centralise all the appointments in the hands of the home secretary like London's? :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 26715

I voted (police commissioner only in our area).
I think I'm responsible for about a third of the local vote. :okay:
I suppose that's better than being responsible for a third of the local crime :laugh:

Leaway2

Lycrist
I missed it. I was late home. I usually turn up and have my argument about them writing the number of my voting slip against my name in the register and why they are doing it as it is a secret ballot.
I did intend to go and vote, but also obscure the number on the slip with the pencil.

Top Bottom