Forgot to vote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oooops
Ive been working from home all day on my own and didn't listen to any news on TV or radio. I usually make the effort to vote even if they are all a complete shower of chancers

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I tuned up at the wrong polling station, not realising that they had changed which one I was meant to be using. I'd even had a conversation with a work colleague earlier in the day about the fact her polling station had changed, just didn't assume it would happen to me.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
must admit first time for years neither of us voted mainly down to the fact we had not been given or seen any info on candidates

ok yes we could have gone on line and done some research , but we didnt

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I was busy doing anything else.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I took my little dog with me to the polling station, combining his walk and me voting. Oh sorry no dogs allowed said the woman handing out the voting slips. He's my aid, he reads the candidates names then licks the one he thinks is best i replied. When she'd handed me my voting slip i put it down on the little shelf in the booth. He then licked the thing, as he does with most things. Oh that one then, i said out loud before marking my X. She seemed very impressed, waving at both of us as we left.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I voted for Andy Pratt here in Lancs, because I liked his mini manifesto and pitied him for his name.

surfdude

Veteran
we only had a police commissioner to vote for and as we have not had anything posted to us to make an informed decision i could not be bothered and i think its a complete of waste of money

Vidor06

Long term loafer
This is the first election that I can remember in Northern Ireland where the candiates actually went on TV (none came to the door) and talked about education, health and the economy. All others have been about Orange v Green. Despite that, the same Orange and Green parties will still be elected tomorrow (they havent even started counting here yet). This will lead to the same inevitable logjams and waste, with crisis always just over the horizon. However, I can complain as I went out and exercised my franchise and not one Unionist or Nationalist Party got a vote from me.

Top Bottom