England : West Yorkshire Forum ride, Sunday, 22nd June - Hebden Bridge to Waddington

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am unexpectedly free again on June 22nd. I will be riding out to the Country Kitchen cafe at Waddington in the Forest of Bowland AONB with one or two non-CC pals, but any CycleChatters who fancy coming along would be welcome to join us.

Assuming that the weather is ok, I would like to ride out 'over the tops' and will probably come back the easy way via the Padiham Greenway and the A646.

The total distance will be 101 km (63 miles) and the pace will be easy, speed of the slowest rider. Including stops and taking the hills into account, I reckon we will average about 15 kph (9 mph) overall.

We'll be aiming to set off at 10:00 so let's meet at Market Place car park, Hebden Bridge, at 09:45 on Sunday, 22nd June. (Map showing car parks)

The centre of Hebden Bridge is now pedestrianised and there is a one-way system. To get to the car park turn right up Commercial Street as you come into HB from the Halifax direction, second left after about 100 yards by the White Lion. Follow that road round over the river. The car park is then on your right.

If you are coming from the Todmorden direction, turn left down Old Gate (one way street) at the end of Market Street, just after the Inn on the Bridge (being repaired) on your left. Follow the road round past the (boarded up) Hole in t'Wall. The car park is straight ahead on the right just beyond the new council buildings.

If anybody decides to turn up announced (it has happened before) make sure that you get to Market Place car park by 09:45 because we won't be hanging about once all those officially riding have gathered!

I reckon we might get back at about 16:00, maybe even a bit later. (Told you it would be slow!) The local parking wardens nab people all the time, so pay for a full day in the car park - it is a lot cheaper than paying a hefty fine!

Post below if you fancy coming along! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Possibly as I will be home next sunday, will have to liberate the Giant off the trainer though.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Not much interest so far but I have at least one pal who is definitely coming and the forecast for the weekend is ok so the ride is on! :smile:

Is anybody apart from (possibly) oldfatfool planning to join us...? :whistle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'll have a pootle over on Sunday
It's mostly fixie friendly :smile:
Er, that's right. I think ... :whistle:

26-June-2014 forum ride profile.gif

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I know the route well enough,nothing i can't cope with :smile:
I know - I have ridden with you a few times after you had got over that horrible chest infection that had floored you when we first met!

The profile was really for anybody else who does not know the route.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Are you going over widdop?
If so I'll put my biggest sprocket on! :rolleyes:
I forgot to put the maps up!

Outward route: Hebden Bridge, Heptondstall Rd, Lee Wood Rd, Slack, Jack Bridge, Blackshaw head, Long Causeway, STEEP DESCENT, Mereclough, Burnley, Fence, Padiham Heights, STEEP DESCENT, Sabden, Portfield, Spring Wood, Whalley, Mitton, Bashall Eaves, Micklehurst, Kitchens, Waddington.

HB to Waddington 22-6-2014.jpg

Return route: Waddington, Mitton, Whalley, Spring Wood, Portfield, Old Roman Rd, Read, Padiham, Padiham Greenway, Rose Grove, A646 back to Hebden Bridge via Todmorden.

Waddington to HB 22-6-2014.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The forecast for Sunday is good, so come and join us and make the most of the Sunshine!

Riders:
  • ColinJ + pal Carrie
  • Oldfatfool and maybe young chappie from work
  • Pennine-Paul

Oh yes - I hope the Three Coasts went well last weekend @tubbycyclist, and that maybe you do fancy this one as a delayed recover ride! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Three Coasts was enjoyable, and that's my Super Randonneur series done for this year - but has left me a little tired this week! Think I will have a weekend off the bike though so no outing for me.
Well done! :bravo:

I suspected that you would be resting ... Other SRs that I have chatted to in the past told me that it took them at least a couple of weeks to feel properly recovered after a 600, sometimes up to a month.

How long did it take you to get over LEL?! :wacko:

Top Bottom