England : West Yorkshire Forum ride, Sunday, 22nd June - Hebden Bridge to Waddington

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Don't wait for me Col, I will either be there or not, working late shift sat night now :sad:
Drat! Well, if you do come but miss us by a few minutes, we will be riding fairly slowly on the route described above so you would probably be able to catch us, or you could take a shortcut and go the main road route to Waddington. I reckon we will get to the cafe at about 13:15.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Last check ...

Hmm - looks like a quiet one today! Pity, because the weather is perfect.

Oops, incoming text ... Ah, my pal Bill will be joining us for at least the first half of the ride.

Right, I am outta here!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Oldfatfool did make it, so it was him, me, Pennine-Paul, and my pal Carrie who set off in fine sunny conditions. Bill caught up with us at Colden, after the initial steep climb.

As usual, P-P was riding fixed. He flipped his wheel for a higher gear for the long descent into Burnley, and flipped it back again later when the climbing felt too hard.

We stuck together round to Waddington. Bill had to get back so he left us at Country Kitchen and rode home solo. The rest of us had a leisurely stop, sitting out front in the sunshine.

There were a few idiots out on the road back from Burnley, including one muscular tattooed thuggish young man who leaned out of the passenger window of a car as it passed me, and screamed 'F***ing w**ker!' into my right ear. I decided not to let it bother me. Instead, I imagined standing in front of him and telling him to look up, whereupon a Monty Python-like 10 ton weight dropped down and flattened him. Eat that, meathead! :thumbsup:

We left Paul having a pint in Todmorden, and o.f.f. left Carrie and me in Hebden Bridge, continuing on towards Mytholmroyd for a lift home. We remaining 2 riders went to HB's pedestrianised area and enjoyed more coffee and shared some yummy parkin.

63 sunny miles/101 km, so a good metric century.

Thanks for the company! :hello:

Last edited:
Some pootle that turned out to be!
Woke up early and decided to ride up to heb rather than take the train,glorious day for the ride tho,
Tough in places but only had to push
up roman road, ended up doing a century by the time I got home :ohmy:

Must get myself a camelbak bladder for my bag,a single bottle is not enough on a warm day like yesterday
Riding fixed you don't get the benefit of cruising downhill,which is good in the winter (keeps you warm)but not in the summer,:heat:

Top Bottom