FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham near Bognor 22nd April 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Toads would be my guess.

North American Bullfrogs - from what it sounded like to me.
I have also heard them on the Thames & Medway Canal between Gravesend and Higham, where I know they're rife at this time of year.
They are, apparently a nuisance and a threat to our amphibious wildlife.

Good suggestions from the pros there. Try this toaday and see if it conjures up a n early morning breeze through the lanes... sit on your bike and close eyes if it helps. :smile:

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PklWG8k_cqs[/media]

Thanks for taking the time to hatch the vid Andy - back on form. I like the splitscreen action. Sometime you need to harvest all the snaps on here and make the definitive FN id still/video - for when The Leader sells out to Sky, and needs a presentation! :smile:

Lisa! Thanks Matt - I'll amend my waffle. (Hey! That's a heck of a lot of amending... :rolleyes:)

I think those toads may well be the culprits, I was thinking it was my bottom bracket at the time. There was definitely some crazy fox action as well at one time.

Gutted I missed the shooting stars, as well as the two satellite tracks that should have come over while we were waiting outside the cabin, heavens above is usually spot on for them but I saw nowt.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
I did say that the garage at Gatwick would make for a rivetting part of the video and how right I was!!! :whistle:

A moment of rest for the eyes and legs, counterpoint to the blistering pace someone settled on... No idea what our average was on the way back, but when I find out, there's trouble!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Wonderful pics, everybody! I love the Bognor ride, even the over-the-stiles bit, and this one was practically perfect in every way. Except for the Rich-shaped space, of course, about which I was inconsolable. And I do wish I'd kept that nerdy CAMRA device that measures the value of the beer missing from what we nogw know as The Felpham Measure. I think it would have gone down well...

Lovely to meet some newbies, to get a proper chat with some folks for the first time, and of course to see nearly all my favourite FNRttC regulars, albeit some only briefly on such a big ride. It would be good to get a few more IDs on the CCers I didn't realise were there... some pointy arrows on the pics are needed!

rusky

CC Addict
Wonderful pics, everybody! I love the Bognor ride, even the over-the-stiles bit, and this one was practically perfect in every way. Except for the Rich-shaped space, of course, about which I was inconsolable. And I do wish I'd kept that nerdy CAMRA device that measures the value of the beer missing from what we nogw know as The Felpham Measure. I think it would have gone down well...

Lovely to meet some newbies, to get a proper chat with some folks for the first time, and of course to see nearly all my favourite FNRttC regulars, albeit some only briefly on such a big ride. It would be good to get a few more IDs on the CCers I didn't realise were there... some pointy arrows on the pics are needed!

If it helps, I was sitting next to you at the cabin :thumbsup:

frank9755

Cyclist
Yes, I suppose it was a bit like beer. Not a lot, but a bit. Luckily, given the company and the sunshine, I'm quite happy drinking any old shite. :biggrin:

Adrian took the more charitable explanation!
whistling.gif

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yes, I suppose it was a bit like beer. Not a lot, but a bit. Luckily, given the company and the sunshine, I'm quite happy drinking any old shite. :biggrin:

One day I'll buy you pint Claud. Probably of some Eurofizz but I must make an effort to stay in the bar rather than the frankly ridiculous idea of cycling back from wherever I find myself.....

theclaud

Openly Marxist
One day I'll buy you pint Claud. Probably of some Eurofizz but I must make an effort to stay in the bar rather than the frankly ridiculous idea of cycling back from wherever I find myself.....
Offer gladly accepted! Have you noticed how often the words "Frank" and "ridiculous" appear in the same sentence?

Top Bottom