G20 Demos in Lundun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Anyone else got the day off from work, because it's too dangerous to go to work tomorrow?

I'm being shipped of to Ikea. I don't know what's worse.:tongue:

Gives the great unwashed something to do, if the lazy louts can get out of bed on a non giro day of course.

Keith Oates

Janner
The meeting should have been held in Paris or any other Capital for tha matter, it would save the UK tax payer some cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
When I was a young idiot/student I used to look forward to these events. Not cos I really gave a shoot about whatever multitude of issues they claim to be concerned about, but cos there was a good chance of a ruck...

I wasn't alone in feeling that way....

These meetings should be held in the 'middle of nowhere' - not a capital city. What gets into the minds of 'important people' that shameless publicity is more important than the day to day life of individuals. I think it is terrible that Chris has to go to IKEA. What could be worse; a self-assembly of meaningless pieces or some furniture?

Mind you, Keith's idea of Paris might have been a good spectacle. Demos are a national sport and the CRS don't seem to take many prisoners! :tongue:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
You could probably get the IKEA effect if you strategically placed your existing wardrobe in a place where you knew trouble was guaranteed. Then with a clean conscience you could go cycling for the day.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Ikea, Chris? I think I'd take my chances with the demo. Weren't there some knife related bust-ups at the new Edmonton branch last year?

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
rich p said:
Ikea, Chris? I think I'd take my chances with the demo. Weren't there some knife related bust-ups at the new Edmonton branch last year?

Wouldn't bother me to go to work tbh. In fact with my new CC Buff on I look like one of the demonstrators anyway. Work weighed up the odds and decided if I got involved in any sort of fracas, I could sue them big time. If I get involved in one at Ikea it's on my own time I suppose.:wacko:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I didn't even realise what was going on 'till I got here yesterday. It's gonna be a right arse getting across town-Tools, bag, laptop an all. Grrrrr.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
ChrisKH said:
Wouldn't bother me to go to work tbh. In fact with my new CC Buff on I look like one of the demonstrators anyway. Work weighed up the odds and decided if I got involved in any sort of fracas, I could sue them big time. If I get involved in one at Ikea it's on my own time I suppose.:biggrin:

There would probably be a riot amongst Obama's security anyway when they train their high-powered binoculars onto your office window as you do your morning cycle clothing strip :wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
A colleague of mine was worrying about 'crossing London' today. I pointed out that transferring from the York train into Kings Cross to the Eurostar at St Pancras was not 'crossing London'. In fact, crossing the road is the main hazard. She should know better, she's well travelled, I think she just wanted to sound dramatic, but I wasn't in a mood to sympathise.....

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
Auntie Helen said:
There would probably be a riot amongst Obama's security anyway when they train their high-powered binoculars onto your office window as you do your morning cycle clothing strip :wacko:

They would have to be very high powered binoculars. :biggrin:

Top Bottom