G20 Demos in Lundun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Will1985 said:
Sod the demos, I want to know if all those big ugly American vehicles are paying the congestion charge.

And he flew the things in.............:bicycle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sittingduck said:
Didn't see many problems by my office Today - was mainly 5 mins up the road. Couple of armoured Police Land Rovers were parked out the back of the office mind you.
Tomorrow may well be a dIfferent matter, as I believe a protest is planned at the Stock Exchange - directly next to the building in which I work :bicycle:

Looks like it's another packed lunch day tomorrow and staying inside...

Good excuse to walk about in cycling kit...they'll love ya.....

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Unfortunatley I dont have the option to dress down. The dress code is fairly relaxed where I work, so I will be in the usual trousers and a shirt without a tie!

Just found a pic of one of the Rozzers flash armoured wagons that I mentioned before. There were numerous ones, blocking off Paternoster Square... must cost (the taxpayer) a bob or 2!
_45624243_m__bbc5518.jpg

dudi

this is my 600th post!

The protests seem to be split into 2 distinct factions.

1: hippies - sitting about, drawing on the roads (in chalk, so it's not harmful to the local sparrows), holding plackards and chanting. Peaceful and rather amusing.

2: twats - anarchy in the UK types that goad & shout in the faces of the police, smash windows and generally act like total twats. using a peaceful organised protest as a shield for mindless violence and criminal damage is really low. these twats probably don't really care what the protest is about, they just want to go and break stuff.
twats.

- thankfully no one in Ipswich decided to hold a protest or mark the summit in any way... although someone did do an April Fools day, rush hour, bomb scare at the county court...

Top Bottom