G20 Demos in Lundun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Will1985 said:
Sod the demos, I want to know if all those big ugly American vehicles are paying the congestion charge.

I bet anything with CD plates is exempt.

Apparently, Obama's car has kevlar bullet-proof tyres. Or he could just have done what de Gaulle did, and have a Citroen DS, which can drive away on three wheels. And is much, much prettier.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
We'll all be pretty safe from the protesters; 'green' commuters like us are looked upon favourably, it's the police you need to worry about incase you're mistaken for a hippie! Make sure you have a shave and a wash and don't wear your tie-dye T-shirt!

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
ianrauk said:
OH MY GOD!!! POOR YOU..

That was the most expensive cheap lunch I've ever had. Haddock, chips & peas, strawberry tart and Blood Orange & Tangerine Presse just short of £400. :biggrin:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Didn't see many problems by my office Today - was mainly 5 mins up the road. Couple of armoured Police Land Rovers were parked out the back of the office mind you.
Tomorrow may well be a dIfferent matter, as I believe a protest is planned at the Stock Exchange - directly next to the building in which I work :biggrin:

Looks like it's another packed lunch day tomorrow and staying inside...

red_tom

Met two riot police in our toilets today (My office is just down the road from Bank and we were letting them in). Sensibly resisted a purile urge to push them in the back whilst they were using the urinal.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm happy to report there were no problems in Colne today. I was asked by several beatniks at a service station on the M1 yesterday if I'd take them to that London. I was sympathetic to their cause - who want's to go to that rat-piss place anyway - but I wasn't going that far.

Just read this on another forum.

Oh the Irony :rolleyes: :huh:

Considering that a lot of today's protests were anti-capitalism, anti-consumerism and eco-friendly, I have to say that on the walk to the station this evening I saw more litter from fast food chains (McD, KFC and Burger King) than you would normally see in an entire month. Practice what you preach eh

Do you think these rentamob idealistic protesters will get into trouble with their uni for bunking off, and WTF don't they bring their own food and drink instead of using the resources of the global conglomerates ? :biggrin:

Top Bottom