Gels etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
Jelly babies are much more palatable.
If you want something more substantial, but it's too warm for chocolate that will melt, try the range of Nakd bars as they are really easy to digest.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I don't do that many Sportives...mainly just the one, which I have done 8 yrs in a row; planning to branch out a bit and do some more.
During the last one I did, I'd had enough of the sweet taste of bars and bananas, so needing something savoury, I popped into a Co-Op for a Scotch egg and pork pie :smile:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Space food!

tumblr_mduvq6eJbo1rz7c5mo1_1280.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru
Not being competitive, this ever so slightly edited bit from your post makes complete sense to me. So I'll eat when I stop. And I've given up taking bananas - it's only when I get home and I wonder why my jersey is still heavy - and I find a gooey black turd in my pocket.

:laugh:

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Was reading a review from a link off Facebook for some Wiggle gels....

quote: "Each gel provides 22g of carbohydrate (from a 38g sachet), which is generally enough to supplement your fuelling at regular 20 to 30-minute intervals over the course of a three to four-hour ride"

Do people really do this? I take a banana and some water for a 3-4hr ride. More than that and I'll prob'ly stop for a bacon butty or a pie, but I certainly don't supplement every 20-30 minutes... OK, I'm no Brad or Froome, Cav, etc, but....
Most Sunday rides I've done lately I've done as fasted rides, so nothing whatsoever till 11.30/Midday (9am start). Going to try eating beforehand though, since I found it hard going last couple of rides.

Top Bottom