Genesis CDA 10 or Boardman CX Comp ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

braaivleis2003

Out of these two bikes, which one would you go for.

The new 2015 Model Genesis Equilibriam CDA 10 £699

With carbon fork, TRP Spyre Brakes, Chainset FSA Tempo Compact , Shimano Claris Shifters, Claris front and rear derailleurs, Alex rims

or Boardman CX Comp £599

With Sora gearing, Alloy fork, Mavic Rims, tektro Lyra Brakes, Chainset FSA Velo compact.

Looking forward to your replies, Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 385
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Genesis

vickster

Legendary Member
That said, the boardman does have the better spec, but it's boring looking and parts can be upgraded

This assumes that the genesis fits and feels right

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
That said, the boardman does have the better spec, but it's boring looking and parts can be upgraded

This assumes that the genesis fits and feels right

And seriously the Genesis doesn't look boring?

It's grey with yellow bits on and the Boardman is black with blue and white bits on. Surely both are boring by your reckoning?

I know you don't like dull bikes btw!

vickster

Legendary Member
Well yes, but getting a non boring cx is a challenge. I think the genesis just looks more interesting in terms of styling, branding and could be livened up with accessories. Aesthetic preference is subjective and personal

Obviously no where near as pretty as my genesis but the OP wants a cx. He didn't offer the option of the colourful kinesis, pinnacle, orange models

anyuser

Über Member
i would go for the Genesis too. Also much prefer TRP Spyre over Tektro Lyra and carbon fork over alloy.

OP
OP
braaivleis2003

braaivleis2003

I would have thought that with the Genesis having a carbon fork, that the components would have been better or slightly than the boardman, as I wasn't sure which are better. As for colour, anything will do me. I guess I'm wanting as much bike as I can get for the £700.

OP
OP
braaivleis2003

braaivleis2003

SpokeyDokey you not making this any easier for me are you ;) Wow!! Looks good. Will give them a call in the morning and see what they can do with the Cycle to work scheme as I am in the East Midlands and Paul's Cycles is in Norfolk. If they could sort something out then would this be the better bike value for money out of the 3. Thanks

Update : been on their website and they don't accept the Halfords Cycle to work scheme that the company I work for uses. Nevermind hey ! So will be either Genesis or Boardman :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
braaivleis2003

braaivleis2003

I must really stop looking now , came across this one. A Genesis One day single speed. Beautiful looking bike. But it's a single speed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 525
Top Bottom