Giro d'Italia 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
It looks as if he deliberately rode into the bunch, must be either twisted of insane.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
It looks as if he deliberately rode into the bunch, must be either twisted of insane.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it looked more like he fancied his chances of riding with the bunch, but totally misjudged both their speed and his own riding skills. Complete and utter nobber, deserves a good kicking.

Hont

Guru
I thought it looked more like he fancied his chances of riding with the bunch, but totally misjudged both their speed and his own riding skills. Complete and utter nobber, deserves a good kicking.
Yeah, that's how I saw it too. Still a knob, though, just a different kind of knob.

Hont

Guru
The camera (or directing) work is awful at times.
At the first intermediary sprint, we saw the peloton (Trek) setting up the sprint for the 6th place from the motorcycle-images, however they then switched to the helicopter-images, that had completely lost track of the front of the peloton and was filming the wrong part.
You have a point, but it was a very built up area, which meant they kept losing the feed from the bikes and the choppers didn't have clear line of sight to the road. Frustrating, but lets see what the mountain coverage is like before making a judgement; when there won't be these sorts of problems.

The Couch

Über Member
Never mind the scenery but how beautiful were the roads they were cycling on? I am in awe.
Indeed, that scenery was pretty impressive yesterday. It seemed they rode the whole stage aside that beautifully blue sea on those wide and nice road(s)

Last edited:

The Couch

Über Member
You have a point, but it was a very built up area, which meant they kept losing the feed from the bikes and the choppers didn't have clear line of sight to the road. Frustrating, but lets see what the mountain coverage is like before making a judgement; when there won't be these sorts of problems.
Well, they just missed the intermediate sprint (again) ..so there's still improvement possible before the mountains (although to be fair, they were able to show it via replay :okay:;))

The Couch

Über Member
I read somewhere in a pre-Giro interview that Contador was saying he doesn't want the (pink) jersey too soon. He only needs to have it the last day.
Still... it's the 2nd stage (in-line) and it's the 2nd stage that Tinkof is making a very strong pace at the front of the peloton.

Can't see what's the difference is between riding like this (to protect your leader) with or without him wearing the Pink Jersey :smile:

With this big group (and almost all teams present, with even 2 OGE-riders), one would expect that the escape is going to make it, but I guess the presence of Chaves, Nieve ( perhaps Ulissi, Fernandez and/or Zardini) is too dangerous (in the heads of the Tinkof team) to allow to have too much leeway.

The guy from Bardiani (Chirico) is riding his butt off but the peloton seems to be setting a hard pace as well, so no idea what the difference is currently (it's not being shown on tv) but I have the feeling it's not a lot

Hont

Guru
Richie Porte's motorhome for the duration of the Giro (courtesy of Michael Hutchinson)...

CEuruTSWEAA4jul.jpg

Attachments

• CEuruTSWEAA4jul.jpg
    CEuruTSWEAA4jul.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 58

The Couch

Über Member
And in a totally unexpected development... Pirazzi goes in the attack
(probably to grab the KOM points :smile:)

EDIT: funny enough (or unfortunately) he catches the group, but then gets a chain problem (not being able to switch gears probably) and he immediately drops back to the peloton

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
This is a cracking stage so far. Thought there might be some aggressive racing but didn't expect it to be this explosive!

Top Bottom