Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Cycling through Lings Woods today, I passed a lady walking her wandering dog. I gave a quick ding-a-ling on my bell so she knew I was approaching.
She got her dog to the side of the track as I went past.
"Good boy" said she
"Thank you" said I
"I was talking to the dog" she retorted
"So was I" I quipped....

:laugh:

colly

Re member eR
Last Saturday evening:

A small family gathering, a few fireworks and sparklers, a bit of a bonfire. Sitting down in the warm after letting off the fireworks my 5 year old grandaughter leaned over and whispered in my ear;

''This is the best day...............ever !'' It wasn't just the firework party it was that she had her older sister back home after a couple of worrying weeks in hospital.

Fair brought a tear to my eye.:wub:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Not my dialogue, not my day, but that just reminded me of one my sis sent me a week or two back. I'll let her take up the story...

Whilst in the queue to pay, I was standing next to a stand that had all sorts of Halloween crap on it, including ghoulish masks. Standing there, thinking about going home and putting out food for the cats and hedgehogs, I wasn't paying that much attention to those around me. And then, there was a tug on my CFP waistcoat. I glanced around thinking that maybe it was somebody who knew me from CFP or maybe somebody had just brushed past me, I couldn't see anybody and so went back to thinking of the cats etc.

A couple of minutes later, there was another tug, more insistent this time. As I looked down this time, there was a tiny Indian child, maybe 3 or 4 years old and she asked me "Do you like Halloween?" and I said, without thinking," No, I don't". She looked for an instant, crestfallen. But then she put her shoulders back and looked me straight in the eye (from her height, not easy) and said quite firmly, "Well, I do". And that was it. End of conversation.

gbb

Legendary Member
I happened to remember a conversation long ago over the table with many colleagues...
One guy complained....
'Struggled to find enough money to put petrol in the car last night so I could take the wife shopping...I'm gonna buy a bike'
One of the guys replied...
'Whatcha gonna do...bike to work to save money ?'
Deadpan, he replied...
'No way, I'm going to send her shopping on it ' :huh:

His poor wife :stop:...but it was funny :giggle:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
What ?... you can't deny a British person his/her inalienable right to have a right good old moan...I dunno, what's the world coming to :sad:...^_^

It does get a bit irritating after about the 53rd tme though

Last edited:
Reactions: gbb

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Lucky! :okay:

I nipped to the local supermarket before getting a lift up to Scotland last week. My wallet had been stolen a few weeks ago so I'd had to get a replacement wallet, bank card, railcard, library card etc. I had got £140 spending money for my holiday in the new wallet at the store ...

The dialogue ...

Checkout woman to my back as I walked away with shopping bags: Excuse me, sir. Sir! SIR! SIR - YOU HAVE LEFT YOUR WALLET BEHIND!!

ColinJ: Aaaargh, thanks for that - I am half deaf, and fully stupid - I would have been halfway to the Highlands before I noticed! :blush:
I DID IT AGAIN!

I bought some chocolate and put my wallet down while I put the goodies in my pocket! Fortunately, the customer behind me in the queue was honest and called me back ... :blush::banghead:

gbb

Legendary Member
Some cycling related conversation today...
My wife, this morning...
'You going out on the bike today ?'
'Hmmmm, it's cold, I might wait till later, see if it warms up a bit'
Minutes later after mulling it over in my head....
'Sod it Colin, (talking to myself) ... stop faffing about....I'm going for it'
'Ok' replied my wife.

Afterwards...
'Did you have a good ride ?' She asked...
'Brilliant, thoroughly enjoyed it'...'One thing I've noticed though, I don't overtake anyone nowadays...they all overtake me :laugh:'

Top Bottom