Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Mercedes driver accelerated as i tried to change lane.
Our office cleaner smiled ryley when i mentioned buying a bakewell tart in bakewell.
Lord Snowdons Bowie photo spoke to me.

gavgav

Guru
I'd caught and overtaken another cyclist on my way to work (I'm on the knockabout bike with lots of clobber in the panniers). He caught me again while I was stopped at the next junction and we had a brief chat culminating with:

Other rider: Do you club ride?

Me: (wondering where this is going) Err, no.

O.R.: You really ought to. Mid Shropshire Wheelers would love to see you!

Me: :blush:

We've always said that if you had a light carbon bike then you would be up there with Bradley Wiggins!!

gbb

Legendary Member
Watching DIY SOS...bearing in mind we have a mildly combative but good relationship, so you don't think we argue incessently..
Me..'they've got our bathroom tiles'
Wife..'No they haven't '
Me...'Yes they have'
Wife..'they're not the same'
Me...'different colour, same tiles'
Wife..'stop argueing, they're....oh.....:blush:'
Me...:tongue:

pplpilot

Guru
Conversation with my 5 year old daughter

5yo. Daddy?
Me. Yes
5yo. Did you know a triangle has 3 sides?
Me. Yea
5yo. And if you cut a square corner to corner you get 2 triangles?
5yo. Really?
5yo. Yea and if you cut them again you get 2 more triangles
Me. Wow.
5yo. Daddy..
Me. Yes...
5yo. Did you know a hexagon has 6 sides?
Me . Yea.. do you know how many sides an octagon has?
5yo. Eight!
Me. Brilliant. Would you like to be a mathematician when you grow up or an engineer like daddy?
5yo. No daddy I said I wanted to be a ballerina! You never listen to me...

gbb

Legendary Member
My company is splitting it's operations, some will stay at the old site, some will be moving to a new circa £20 million site...I'm going to the new site
As a result there will be duplication of some management and staffing, some have already effectively started the process, such as technical where there are now two managers.
Manager 1 the other day...
' Are you staying with us Colin ?'
'No, I'm going good to the new site'
His reaction was a wistful grimace..:thumbsdown:.
'I'll take that as a compliment then :laugh:'

Today, his equal at the new site saw me...
'Ah Colin, I see you're joining us at....'
'Yep, looking forward to it'
'Good, I'm really really pleased you're coming over' :smile:
' Well, It seems you're not the only one interested in where I'm ending up :thumbsup:'

I'd like to think it's my wit charm and good looks :tongue:....but it's more likely to be the fact I get things done, I might moan and winge but once it's given to me (rightfully)...it will be done.

Lullabelle

Banana
This morning

The cleaner: you didn't have a holiday last year did you?
Me: yes, August
The cleaner: oh right, were are you going?
Me: no, we went away last year
The cleaner: are you going somewhere nice?
Me: well, yes :dry:

She really is hard work at times

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
A visit to the dentist today, for an appointment I've been waiting 6 weeks for, to replace a filling and piece of broken tooth.

Dentist puts the local anaesthetic into my gum and sits me up for 5 mins whilst it does its stuff.

Dentist-: How is that feeling. It should tingle and then go rubbery.

Me:- Well it's starting to tingle and numb, but doesn't feel that numb yet.

Dentist:- We'll give it a go, just shout if it hurts.

(Starts drilling)

Me:- aaagghhhh (as I almost hit the roof with pain)

Dentist:- that's a little sensitive still then!!

Me:- errr, YES!!

(Add's some more anaesthetic)

Dentist:- how does that feel now.

Me:- not a whole lot different, maybe a bit number.

Dentist:- we've got the majority out, just a little more to go and so we'll give it another try.

(Starts drilling)

Me:- ok for a few seconds and then aaggghhh as he hits the sensitive spot again!!

Dentist:- That's done now, just the amalgam to go in.

Me:- :surrender::B)

Thanks goodness I don't have a fear of the dentist and an appointment tomorrow morning to replace a filling and piece of broken tooth!

Oh crap - I do and I do ... :eek:

(The past 3 treatments have been pain-free so I hope he continues the good work in the morning!) :whistle:

Annoyingly I've had 4 fillings in the last two years. Only one due to decay I'm pleased to report. One was a replacement for one that I had done years ago and had a small gap in it, one where I had brushed so hard I had scraped some enammel of the tooth and the last a chipped tooth.

None of which I had anaestetic for. It was offered if I wanted but assured I wouldn't need it. I manned up and said if I don't need it I won't have it.

The death grip I had on the side of the chair whilst drilling at first was white nuckle stuff.

No probs though, didn't feel a thing.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
With just the briefest of mentions of dentistry ... :whistle:

My stepdaughter had a dental check-up in Todmorden at 10:15 and was due to do some voluntary work in the town at 12:00 so she was going to have time to kill in between. I said that I would treat us both to veggie breakfasts at the local Wetherspoons and met her outside the pub at 10:45.

ColinJ: I did something really stupid when I got up this morning ...

Stepsprog: Oh, what was that?

CJ: I'd had another very late night. I couldn't get to sleep until about 04:00 and then woke up several times. I ended up getting up at 09:00 feeling exhausted.

SS: You poor thing! So what did you do that was stupid?

CJ: I felt really groggy but I remembered that I was coming out to meet you. Unfortunately, I forgot that it was to have a late breakfast with you so I started making a big bowl of porridge!

SS: Ha ha - so you have already had your brekkie?

CJ: No, I remembered in time. I was looking forward to this so I'll eat the porridge tomorrow morning!

Shaun

Founder
smiley-wagging-his-finger-saying-no-emoticon_zps1mkqlqlo.gif

midlife

Guru
I'd give you some dialogue from my day..........,,but I've been doing dentistry all day long lol

Client. I've just had 3 weeks off in Australia and I feel great. Did Sydney harbour bridge and all that..

Me. It's been pretty miserable and wet here, glad you had a great time.

Rita (nurse), pass me a long sharp, pointy painful probe...

Shaun
(It's ok, i know him quite well )

Last edited:
Top Bottom