Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Watching Eastenders...well my wife is...I'm giving a running commentary on the acting etc etc, 99% negative or at best, taking the pee.
'WILL YOU STOP IT...I'M TRYING TO WATCH ' :angry:

5 minutes pass in silence.

Me...
'I'm struggling':sad:
'Struggling with what ?'
'Struggling to keep my mouth shut' :laugh:

My wife...:headshake:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
It was of her own doing as she kept shouting on the cats who were quite happily fast asleep on the sofa

Wife to cat, who had just popped in through the cat flap, "Nooo don't bring it in here". Cat is silent. Wife, "at least it's dead this time" Cat: "munch, crunch, munch", then leaves without comment doubtless to continue the night's hunting.

Out with elderly relative and going shopping....

"Do you need anything?"
"Yes, I need some lights"

So off we divert th Homebase, asking about brightness and whether it was a bayonet or screw fitting....with each question she became huffier and huffier

She then reiterated

"I want lights"

Thats why we are trying to find out what type..."

"Not those sort - Tena Lites"

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A visit to the dentist today, for an appointment I've been waiting 6 weeks for, to replace a filling and piece of broken tooth.

Dentist puts the local anaesthetic into my gum and sits me up for 5 mins whilst it does its stuff.

Dentist-: How is that feeling. It should tingle and then go rubbery.

Me:- Well it's starting to tingle and numb, but doesn't feel that numb yet.

Dentist:- We'll give it a go, just shout if it hurts.

(Starts drilling)

Me:- aaagghhhh (as I almost hit the roof with pain)

Dentist:- that's a little sensitive still then!!

Me:- errr, YES!!

(Add's some more anaesthetic)

Dentist:- how does that feel now.

Me:- not a whole lot different, maybe a bit number.

Dentist:- we've got the majority out, just a little more to go and so we'll give it another try.

(Starts drilling)

Me:- ok for a few seconds and then aaggghhh as he hits the sensitive spot again!!

Dentist:- That's done now, just the amalgam to go in.

Me:- :surrender::B)
Thanks goodness I don't have a fear of the dentist and an appointment tomorrow morning to replace a filling and piece of broken tooth!

Oh crap - I do and I do ... :eek:

(The past 3 treatments have been pain-free so I hope he continues the good work in the morning!) :whistle:

Lullabelle

Banana
When people are off or leave early there are forms that have to be filled in, today I gave a form to my colleague 'D'

Me: can you fill this in please
D: what is it for?
Me: you were off Thursday afternoon before Christmas
D: what do I put?
Me: how should I know? I don't know why you left early :dry:

Every Monday I do the hours and it is always the same people that have to be chased for paperwork, it is starting to get beyond funny

Lullabelle

Banana
Thanks goodness I don't have a fear of the dentist and an appointment tomorrow morning to replace a filling and piece of broken tooth!

(The past 3 treatments have been pain-free so I hope he continues the good work in the morning!) :whistle:

I haven't been near a dentist in years and long may that continue

gavgav

Guru

Good luck @ColinJ !!

gavgav

Guru
When people are off or leave early there are forms that have to be filled in, today I gave a form to my colleague 'D'

Me: can you fill this in please
D: what is it for?
Me: you were off Thursday afternoon before Christmas
D: what do I put?
Me: how should I know? I don't know why you left early :dry:

Every Monday I do the hours and it is always the same people that have to be chased for paperwork, it is starting to get beyond funny
Have you secretly been managing my team?! They sound identical to those I am dealing with at the moment. Do yours have an inability to make any decisions for themselves and think that you will sort cover for their tasks that need covering whilst they are off, rather than sorting that themselves before they ask for the time off?!

ColinJ

"Oh dear, I think I am slipping away!"

"Ah, yes, you do look very pale. You are anxious and adrenaline is kicking in. Try to relax. We'll get you a sweet drink to get your blood sugar up."

I'm back and it all went ...

... pear-shaped for a while! :laugh:

Mistake #1: Reading your post about your experience!
Mistake #2: Staying up until 03:00, not sleeping properly thinking about the appointment, and then getting up at 07:30, knackered.
Mistake #3: Skipping breakfast because the appointment was at 08:50 and I didn't want to rush.
Mistake #4: Overdressing. I have a cold house. The dental surgery is very warm! I felt stifled.
Mistake #5: Getting involved in a long, detailed discussion with the dentist about another tooth before today's treatment. Anxiety levels built up.

Result: I eventually sat in the chair, put sunglasses on to avoid being dazzled by the bright lights, was tilted back and had the anaesthetic done. I immediately felt myself getting very whoozy! I knew that I would be out like a light if drastic action were not taken. I ended up 90% of the way into a faint, bucketing sweat, and barely able to talk. The dental nurse got me a glass of sugary OJ and gave me a glucose tablet to suck. It took about 15 minutes to get me fully back in the land of the living!

We decided to proceed after that. I felt much better once treatment got started. I could still feel a sensation round the tooth so I asked for more anaesthetic and that did the trick.

It WAS a complicated filling and took longer than usual, but it was ok. There was a hitch but it was resolved in the end.

The tooth is looking much better with a new white filling rather than a broken amalgam one and half the tooth missing. I just hope that the filling lasts. The dentist reckons that it stands a good chance of lasting 10-15 years and I would be happy with that.

I'm going back to see a dental hygienist in 3 months time to get the years of tea and coffee staining cleaned off. Another check-up in 6 months time and a decision to make about the last broken tooth. Treatment is possible, but it would be complicated and expensive. I'll probably put it off a while - it has lasted over 25 years so hopefully it could wait another year or two? If I can earn enough money to get it sorted out then I will.

I'm trying to drink a mug of tea now but it is proving difficult with half my mouth numb!

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

"Ah, yes, you do look very pale. You are anxious and adrenaline is kicking in. Try to relax. We'll get you a sweet drink to get your blood sugar up."

Mistake #2: Staying up until 03:00, not sleeping properly thinking about the appointment, and then getting up at 07:30, knackered.
Mistake #3: Skipping breakfast because the appointment was at 08:50 and I didn't want to rush.
Mistake #4: Overdressing. I have a cold house. The dental surgery is very warm! I felt stifled.
Mistake #5: Getting involved in a long, detailed discussion with the dentist about another tooth before today's treatment. Anxiety levels built up.

Result: I eventually sat in the chair, put sunglasses on to avoid being dazzled by the bright lights, was tilted back and had the anaesthetic done. I immediately felt myself getting very whoozy! I knew that I would be out like a light if drastic action were not taken. I ended up 90% of the way into a faint, bucketing sweat, and barely able to talk. The dental nurse got me a glass of sugary OJ and gave me a glucose tablet to suck. It took about 15 minutes to get me fully back in the land of the living!

We decided to proceed after that. I felt much better once treatment got started. I could still feel a sensation round the tooth so I asked for more anaesthetic and that did the trick.

It WAS a complicated filling and took longer than usual, but it was ok. There was a hitch but it was resolved in the end.

The tooth is looking much better with a new white filling rather than a broken amalgam one and half the tooth missing. I just hope that the filling lasts. The dentist reckons that it stands a good chance of lasting 10-15 years and I would be happy with that.

I'm going back to see a dental hygienist in 3 months time to get the years of tea and coffee staining cleaned off. Another check-up in 6 months time and a decision to make about the last broken tooth. Treatment is possible, but it would be complicated and expensive. I'll probably put it off a while - it has lasted over 25 years so hopefully it could wait another year or two? If I can earn enough money to get it sorted out then I will.

I'm trying to drink a mug of tea now but it is proving difficult with half my mouth numb!
uurghh... I have to go and get a crown replaced next week.... not looking forward to it at all now, thanks a bunch...:thumbsdown:

ColinJ

uurghh... I have to go and get a crown replaced next week.... not looking forward to it at all now, thanks a bunch...:thumbsdown:
My actual treatment was fine - it was standing around for 10-15 minutes in a hot surgery discussing procedures that got to me. I had timed my arrival to the minute so I wouldn't have to sit around feeling nervous in the waiting room. I told the dentist that in future we would discuss the treatment plan AFTER dental surgery not BEFORE it.

Good luck with the replacement crown!

rich p

ridiculous old lush

Grown man goes to the dentist for a filling and doesn't die.
That's what they call a précis, I believe.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Harsh, but funny....

(I have a lot of sympathy with @ColinJ. After 18 years with no treatment I was lucky to find a dentist who took my nervousness seriously.)

ColinJ

I prefer 'Man finally overcomes trauma of childhood dental abuse, and seeks treatment to end years of suffering', but that's just wimpy old me! :whistle:

I have lost confidence in my dentist but before I actually move I'd like a second opinion on a tooth issue I have. Can I just ring any old NHS dentist up and ask to be seen? Would they see me or would I have to go private?
Grown man can't work out what to do about his dental problems and has to ask a bunch of strangers for advice about it. That's what they call a piss take, I believe! :okay:

Reactions: srw
Top Bottom